front loader prewash batting ?

Old April 7th 09, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default front loader prewash batting ?

Anyone have a suggestion on how I should prewash a
Hobbs 80/20 batt in a front load machine?
TIA, Taria
Old April 7th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Very carefully. Polly
BWaaaaHaHa.
Taria, why would you do such a thing? Is it filthy or are you just
needing to preshrink? If just to preshrink, why not just get it wet and
gently, very gently place it in the dryer on low and block it before it's
really dry?

Old April 7th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

LOL. Usually I am good with a bit of shrinkage look but this quilt I
don't want that. I can just dampen it and throw it in the dryer but
I did wonder if the washer would work.
Today has mostly been a good day. Got replacements in the mail for
my old pot and pan handles and a food processor top. My 25 year old
Farberware is looking good! I also got a box of Evanovich novels I
bought on half.com and finished up 2 ring bearer
pillows for a wedding. I got though the border mess and found a
quilt batting just the right size for that quilt. TOmorrow I can
pin baste!
TAria

Old April 7th 09, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Evanovich ? wow. Val sent me 14. Maybe it's Fearless Fourteen? I
wallowed in it and passed it on to my sister. She's got lots of important
things to do but they will have to wait. Evanovich's grandma just tickles
me. Bring it on. Polly

Old April 7th 09, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

That sounds like a very good day!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old April 7th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT Evanovich books was front loader prewash batting ?

That grandma is a hoot. I have been enjoying some of the Plum books. It
has been a long time since I literally laughed out loud while reading a
book. DH keeps asking me just what am I reading? That whole family is a
hoot but the grandma wins the prize. Kind of scary all the gals having
guns in their bags! It is nice just to read something light and silly.
Taria

Old April 7th 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Taria wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion on how I should prewash a
Hobbs 80/20 batt in a front load machine?
TIA, Taria

On the gentle or wool cycle. Lower the speed spin to about 800rpm if
you can.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 7th 09, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Taria wrote:
Anyone have a suggestion on how I should prewash a
Hobbs 80/20 batt in a front load machine?
TIA, Taria

Does it need to wash or soak?

If it needs to be washed then the gentlest wash cycle you can use. If
you only need to soak it to shrink it I would put it in the drum and
start a gentle program without adding any detergent. Once the water has
run in (and the drum turned a couple of times to ensure it is all wet)
stop the machine and let it sit. Then I would advance to the spin part
of the cycle (dunno if you can do that separately on yours or not) and
spin it dry at a reduced RPM. Essentially I would try to avoid all the
backwards and forwards agitation that normally does the getting the dirt
out bit IYSWIM.

Lizzy
Old April 7th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gerald & Donna McIntosh

"Taria" wrote in message
Anyone have a suggestion on how I should prewash a
Hobbs 80/20 batt in a front load machine?
TIA, Taria

Does your machine have a hand wash cycle? mine does, it just washes the
clothes,
does not spin them ..that would work...

Donna in S. Indiana

Old April 7th 09, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Taria, we mostly have front loaders over here. I would just use a gentle
cycle and all should be well. It works for me!
--
Estelle UK

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11
"Taria" wrote in message
Anyone have a suggestion on how I should prewash a
Hobbs 80/20 batt in a front load machine?
TIA, Taria

Question for those who don't prewash Louise in Iowa[_6_] Quilting 21 March 28th 09 08:18 PM
dye in front loader? Lobo Quilting 16 January 25th 08 12:49 AM
how much Orvus & fast spin in front loader? Lobo Quilting 4 March 25th 07 07:50 AM
Do I need to prewash satin for baby quilt? MaleQuilter Quilting 6 February 11th 07 05:59 AM
Hi - I'm a newbie. This is what I do if I don't prewash fabric. [email protected] Quilting 9 October 23rd 06 05:03 AM