OT - Bad movies

Old March 16th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default OT - Bad movies

Yesterday, while waiting for people to return phone calls, I turned watched
West Side Story on TV. After seeing a stage production on Broadway, I remember
being very disappointed in the movie when it first came out. My opinion hasn't
changed -- Natalie Wood was awful as a singing dancing Puerto Rican. Her dubbed
voice bordered on operatic which, imnsho, was a poor choice.

What movies don't you like?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old March 16th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

anne ) writes:
(snip)
What movies don't you like?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

I like movies where, after a relative short time, you know what the happy
ending is going to be. It is merely watching the details of how they get
there. Jim.

Old March 16th 09, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"anne" wrote in message
g...
Yesterday, while waiting for people to return phone calls, I turned
watched
West Side Story on TV. After seeing a stage production on Broadway, I
remember
being very disappointed in the movie when it first came out. My opinion
hasn't
changed -- Natalie Wood was awful as a singing dancing Puerto Rican. Her
dubbed
voice bordered on operatic which, imnsho, was a poor choice.

What movies don't you like?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

The only one I can think of at the moment is Forrest Gump. At the time, it
seemed like everyone but me loved it.

Oh, I guess if I had to name a musical, it would be Evita with Madonna. I
saw the show on Broadway with Patti Lupone and didn't love it, but at least
she did justice to the one good song--Don't cry for me Argentina.

Lucille

Old March 16th 09, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

lucretia wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:15:03 -0400, anne wrote:

Yesterday, while waiting for people to return phone calls, I turned
watched
West Side Story on TV. After seeing a stage production on Broadway, I
remember
being very disappointed in the movie when it first came out. My opinion
hasn't
changed -- Natalie Wood was awful as a singing dancing Puerto Rican. Her
dubbed
voice bordered on operatic which, imnsho, was a poor choice.

What movies don't you like?

Today the dubbing etc would be much better but I haven't seen too many
movies recently I liked. A friend in Tennessee recommends and I
watch those as he knows what I like.

The last two or three were Amelia, Labyrinth (violent but in context)
and one with that great British actress, she was a Lesbian, set back
years ago when she would not have wanted it public knowledge. Hope
someone knows the one I mean, I'm still sick and it is the antibiotics
making my memory poor - that's my story anyway!

Amelie I saw and loved, Labyrinth I will admit annoyed me because of the
subtitles and since I rarely just sit and watch the screen I lose track, and
the third one sounds intriguing, but a name would help.

I do hope you're at least starting to feel better. Bronchitis is just so
debilitating.

Lucille

Old March 16th 09, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Mar 16, 9:49*am, "lucille" wrote:
"anne" wrote in message

g...

[...]

I didn't love Forrest Gump either, and I expected to, because I adore
Tom Hanks.

Elizabeth
Old March 16th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

I never cared for Blazing Saddles, although all my friends thought it
was the most hysterical thing they'd ever seen. I've since tried
again and STILL don't like it.

Linda
Old March 16th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message
On Mar 16, 9:49 am, "lucille" wrote:
"anne" wrote in message

g...

[...]

Oh good! I too think Tom Hanks is surely one of the better Hollywood
people. I doubt I'll ever forget him in Philadelphia.

Old March 16th 09, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gerald & Donna McIntosh

"anne" wrote in message
g...
Yesterday, while waiting for people to return phone calls, I turned
watched
West Side Story on TV. After seeing a stage production on Broadway, I
remember
being very disappointed in the movie when it first came out. My opinion
hasn't
changed -- Natalie Wood was awful as a singing dancing Puerto Rican. Her
dubbed
voice bordered on operatic which, imnsho, was a poor choice.

What movies don't you like?
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

when Titanic came out, everyone I knew was going on about the love story
btwn Leo and Kate (their characters anyway)..I wasn't sad about that
but the old couple that laid down on the bed together and the family with
small kids; those got to me.

Donna in S. IN

Old March 16th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

lucretia wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 11:37:48 -0400, "Gerald & Donna McIntosh"
wrote:

"anne" wrote in message
. org...
[...]

The love story was the bit that killed the movie for me. In that era
a passenger from steerage was NEVER going to be dining in First Class!
Another couple of parts was no survivors recalled the band playing
Nearer My God to Thee, nor did any of them recall steerage people
having the door shut on them.

I also got annoyed when the movie lasted an hour longer then the real time
it took for the ship to sink. Anything over 1-1/2 to 2 hours is much too
long.

OT Monster movies NightMist Quilting 38 November 1st 06 03:12 AM
Ten truths about movies Carl Quilting 1 May 10th 06 01:20 AM
Share your movies plumbcrazy Quilting 0 January 23rd 06 12:29 AM
OT VHS movies for sale!!! [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 8th 06 05:24 PM
ISO: stamps about movies Debbie Hamann Rubberstamps 1 February 18th 04 04:49 PM