Pickled eggs? OT, obviously :)

Old April 20th 04, 03:54 AM
Slinky

Default Pickled eggs? OT, obviously :)

I want to pickle the last dozen Easter eggs. As my cucumber pickles
have always been nasty mushy things I don't have any good pickle
recipes. I'm after something hot-n-sweet with a refrigerator cure.

Somebody out there has a good brine recipe to fit the bill and I'd
love to have it.
Old April 20th 04, 06:46 AM
Maggs K

Dum de dum...oh i, don't wannna pickle, i just wanna drive my motercycle,
and iiiiiiii don't wanna fight, i just wanna ride my moter bike!!! he
he,,,slick hippy chick!

Old April 20th 04, 11:29 AM
Nancy in Tucson

Hi,

I have a wonderful recipe for pickled beets and eggs which is our
traditional Easter time fixin's, lol
if this sounds like something that you are interested in let me know!

BTW: I finished crocheting 2 of the mock faroese shawls from Lily Chin's
pattern and I love them!
The pattern calls for lace weight yarn but says you can use any yarn/weight
as long as you adjust your hook size to about 4 times larger than what you
would normally use. I made one out of WW aran colored yarn and a P hook (I
think it was a P, maybe an N) and one out of sportweight and a K hook. Love
both and now will have to make one to keep for myself!

Take care,

Nancy in Tucson

Old April 20th 04, 03:14 PM
Helen Halla Fleischer

| On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:46:35 -0700, "Maggs K" wrote:

Dum de dum...oh i, don't wannna pickle, i just wanna drive my motercycle,
and iiiiiiii don't wanna fight, i just wanna ride my moter bike!!! he
he,,,slick hippy chick!

LOL! I love that song.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old April 20th 04, 05:16 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article et,
"Nancy in Tucson" wrote:

Nancy in Tucson

Hello! We are going to be in the Tucson area in mid-May, can you
recommend any yarn shops, things to do, etc? Thanks!

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Old April 20th 04, 08:53 PM
Laurey

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:54:05 GMT, Slinky
wrote:

I want to pickle the last dozen Easter eggs. As my cucumber pickles
have always been nasty mushy things I...

I don't have anything for pickled eggs.. but have found that a grape
leaf in the bottom of the canning jar for pickles is a necessity if
you want a crisp pickle.. (for your future reference )

-L
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Need a Pattern? Want to Review a Pattern? Have a Pattern Bookmark to Share?
http://www.crafters-index.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Old April 21st 04, 08:27 PM
Katherine

Ophelia wrote:
I pickle eggs but not sweet and sour. I can give you my recipe if
anyone is interested

Me, me, me!!! I LOVE pickled eggs!
Hugs,
Katherine

Old April 22nd 04, 12:45 PM
Ophelia

"Katherine" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
I pickle eggs but not sweet and sour. I can give you my recipe if
anyone is interested

Me, me, me!!! I LOVE pickled eggs!

Well I like to use malt vinegar but you can use any. Hard boil your eggs
and shell them ... of course

Bring vinegar up to simmering point and add spices if you wish. I don't
like them but that is me.

Simmer for about 15 minutes and simply pour over the eggs. Pop a lid on the
jar and leave for a couple of months. If you eat them too soon they will be
very harsh. If when you taste them they seem harsh leave them longer.

They do NOT need to be in the fridge.

Ta daaaaaaa

Enjoy

Old April 22nd 04, 08:14 PM
Katherine

Ophelia wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
I pickle eggs but not sweet and sour. I can give you my recipe if
anyone is interested

Me, me, me!!! I LOVE pickled eggs!

Well I like to use malt vinegar but you can use any. Hard boil
your eggs and shell them ... of course

Bring vinegar up to simmering point and add spices if you wish. I
don't like them but that is me.

Simmer for about 15 minutes and simply pour over the eggs. Pop a lid
on the jar and leave for a couple of months. If you eat them too
soon they will be very harsh. If when you taste them they seem harsh
leave them longer.

They do NOT need to be in the fridge.

And that's it??? Wow!!
Thanks, ROphelia!
Katherine

new eggs page Sjpolyclay Polymer Clay 12 December 4th 04 12:54 AM
new eggs page Sjpolyclay Beads 7 December 3rd 04 02:59 AM
FA: You Can Create Exquisite Eggs, Morris, TPB Number1Fred Marketplace 0 June 14th 04 12:29 AM
Wooden eggs? Where to buy? Ken Knecht Beads 5 April 2nd 04 09:19 PM
AD-Duck Eggs Jonathan General Crafting 0 January 31st 04 01:49 PM