??source for card mounts

Old July 10th 03, 12:43 PM
Joan

Default ??source for card mounts

I am interested in making my own greeting/gift cards using small
embroidered pieces. I would like to obtain card mounts with various
types of openings (e.g., oval, square, round) but have no idea where I
would find such items. I'd prefer not to make them myself, and would
like to have matching envelopes with the card mounts.

Can anyone suggest a source for these?

Please post directly to the group to share the information with
others.

Thanks in advance,
Joan
(north Dallas, TX)
Old July 10th 03, 01:48 PM
Herb

Many camera and photography stores and other sources carry these as
paper picture frames ..
Also, try craft and scrapbooking stores - they have lots of cutout pages
in different shapes that you could trim to greeting card size.

A google search for "greeting card frames" gives a few - adding the word
Heart
Try searching with different combinations of
paper, frames, cards, photo, picture specific shapes, etc.

- Herb

Old July 10th 03, 03:21 PM
Gillian Murray

I have found these in Michaels; they are in the Art section, not the
Stitching section. I know I have also found them in other shops, but can't
remember where! I have quite a stack of them in my stash.

Gillian
om...

Old July 10th 03, 04:01 PM
Dianne Siebold

I have done quite a few of these and have found Craft Creations to have the
best quality cards and great service. They are online at
www.craftcreations.com. You have to order by mail and they are in England
but their shipping is pretty quick. There's another source in the US called
Yarn Yard (http://www.ourtownusa.net/~yarnyard/ndlcrd.htm) that carries some
cards like this but I have never used them.

Dianne

om...

Old July 10th 03, 06:39 PM
Teacher

http://www.sherio.com/index.html There are some nice free designs and a
template for placing the designs in the card opening.

Old July 10th 03, 08:11 PM
Valkyrie

Michael's, Artco, Joann's (the one's with the craft departments) and most
any art supply store would have those.

Val
om...

Old July 10th 03, 08:40 PM
Dave Johnsen

http://www.sherio.com/index.html has a good selection, and she's a wonderful
person too! I have used her cards several times, and she also has some
interesting little designs to use.

DaveJ

om...

Old July 12th 03, 04:05 AM
JJordan

Try www.photographersedge.com

I have not ordered from this company yet, but have their catalog. Nice
selection and they send you a sample card so you can get an idea of paper
quality/card stock. Cards have an adhesive back for holding photographs.
Might work quite nicely for embroidery too.

JJordan
------------------------------------

om...

Old July 12th 03, 02:47 PM
Joan

What great ideas, all! I will be going in search of these items over
this weekend and see what will fit my needs, and hopefully I can find
these in prices that will not eat up the budget.

I did stop by Michael's yesterday afternoon and saw a single pack,
with one card and envelope, for $4 -- it was all I could find in the
store. Yikes, that's a pretty steep price on top of the cost of the
needlework supplies.

Thanks again everyone for your good ideas. If anyone has additional
suggestions I would certainly welcome them.

Joan