Need good source for carving gloves

Old August 31st 03, 05:27 PM
Bill Houdek

Default Need good source for carving gloves

Think you are asking too much. I get a number of mine from Woodcraft at
about that price. I see them at shows and most are in that area--get some
there as well. Have several catalogues and they charge that as well plus
shipping. Have bought some lesser priced cutting tools and not at all happy
with the quality and ability to hold an edge, despite my frequent stropping.

My Gloves and thumb guard are from Woodcraft. On balance, must say feel they
are not paying as much attention to their carving clients as before. Wood
stock and carving tools seem to be in short supply or "waiting on another
shipment". Perhaps that applies only to the store in my area, St. Louis
metro.

Bill Houdek
"Freckledgrrl" wrote in message
et...
A good price is definitely a factor. Also am looking for good,
fullsize carving tools (Woodcraft - type) for less than the seeming

average
of $27 per chisel/gouge. Thanks!

Old August 31st 03, 06:04 PM
Freckledgrrl

Bill:
Yep, that $27 seems to be about the going price for good hand
tools...The optimist in me had to ask. The tools I use at work are
Woodcraft, and am very happy w/them. Have about $400 worth so far, and
still want to get a few more for some specialized carvings.

Old September 4th 03, 04:21 PM
wil

try www.woodcraft.com

--