Whew! (Mostly OT)

Old April 9th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Whew! (Mostly OT)

I've been rather frustrated for the past few days, because my telephone
service was on-again, off-again. If the phone service isn't cooperating,
of course I can't get online, which adds to the frustration. I've spent
more time on my cell phone with the phone company than I'd want to think
about, which of course cut into my quilting time. Argh!

I have to say that the phone company was very responsive, and I've had
two different repairmen out here, one on Sunday and one on Saturday.
That wouldn't happen in some parts of the country! Anyway, once
they'd fixed my phone, my DSL service still wasn't working, I thought.
But no! the DSL was working; it was just that my wireless router had
gone haywire because of the problems with the phone. I can't really
blame it for going on strike, but it did add to the level of frustration
-- maybe it's a good thing DH has been out of town for the past week.

Anyway, to make a several-day long story short, I called Apple this
morning, and they gave me a pretty simple fix for the wireless router,
so now I'm back in business and may even get some quilting done today,
if I don't spend the day reading messages! ;D

To make this a little bit on topic, I'm working on my variation of a
Bethany Reynolds quilt -- it's the one I started in January in Phoenix,
but I've redesigned it a little to make it a bit smaller. There isn't
enough of it yet to have a photo -- see why I need to get busy on it? G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old April 10th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

I know how frustrating phone problems can be. We had problems for about a
month, right around Christmas. Of course the phone company blamed our
phone, but after replacing the phone, many phone calls, a service visit,
etc., the line was miraculously repaired! Unfortunately, we had no phone
service the day DSIL was trying to call us for a get-together when they were
in Orlando!

--
Susan in Zephyrhills FL

http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

OT...Whew maryd Quilting 1 July 31st 05 01:16 PM
OT - whew what a day! Sharon Harper Quilting 9 July 28th 05 01:38 PM
OT... whew maryd Quilting 6 June 27th 05 03:47 PM
WHEW maryd Quilting 8 April 27th 05 04:04 PM
Finished! Whew~ handmaiden Quilting 3 February 4th 05 06:51 AM