Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

Old December 4th 05, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

Maries are THE standard for crumb bases in Australia!!
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote in message
My gosh, it;ll be Marie biscuits taking over the world nextVBG
Cheers for now
Tutu
"Jessamy" wrote in message
Aha!! I can get *those* here! these biscuits must be more traditional
that I
thought if they are available in both NL and SA

Thanks Tutu :-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

What about Rich Tea biscuits ... here we use something called Marie
biscuits
to make that kind of crust ... and those are something like Rich Tea (but
not as nice!)
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Old December 4th 05, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

According to the label on my pack -

Ingredients: Hardened Coconut Oil, Soya Bean Lecithin
Classified as "Vegetable Shortening"

White, sets hard when chilled. Cutting the butter with copha in a crumb
base gives a "harder" more solid base that cuts better into slices.

Do you guys ever make chocolate crackles from Kellogg's Rice Bubbles? Copha
is the stuff we melt to mix it. You probably know it by another name.
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"DrQuilter" wrote in message
and then you add butter? what proportions? I think I want to make this
decadent dessert... btw, what is copha????

Johanna Gibson wrote:

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:16:14 +0000 (UTC), Sally Swindells
wrote:

The filling sounds gorgeous, but I need a translation about the pie
crust.

At first I thought it was a pastry shell, but on re-reading think it
must be one of thos wizzed up biscuits and butter ones.

I know Oreos are chocolate flavoured biscuits, but have never met
Grahams Crackers. Here cream crackers are a very dry biscuit for
cheese - ooops, have just realised that your biscuits are called
crackers, and your biscuits are a sort of scone, so now I'm even more
confused! It can't be a 'for cheese' variety.....

Or am I completely confused and its some ready made shell you buy?

Rich tea biscuits. Put them in a big plastic bag and bash with a
rolling pin. Works for me.

-- Jo in Scotland

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

Old December 4th 05, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I think from earlier discussions on the group it is 'Australian' and
not available overseas.

Dee in Oz

Old December 4th 05, 10:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Checkout this recipe Jessamy

http://www.kelloggs.com.au/DisplayPa...497&brandid=26

Dee in Oz

Old December 4th 05, 10:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

thanks Dee

--
Jessamy (who still sticks to chocolate as the "glue" cause they are sooo
much nicer then ;-))

Old December 4th 05, 11:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Also

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/copha.htm

Dee in Oz

Old December 4th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:34:04 -0500, "Frank Reid"
ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote:

Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
5 egg yolks (no whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons brandy or other liquor (try Gran Marnier)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 Graham cracker or Oreo Cookie pie crust - 8"

Put first 4 ingredients in a blender. Blend on low 1 minute. Heat the 1
1/2 cups heavy cream just to boiling. Pour into blender. Blend on high for
1 minute. Pour into crust. Chill for at least 3 hours uncovered in the
refrigerator.
The hot cream melts the chocolate and cooks the eggs. This recipe is VERY
rich. The slices should be about 1" wide. Can't eat much more than that.
Try drizzling with a raspberry sauce right before serving. I gave this
recipe to a friend of mine in the UK. He served it to several members of
the House of Lords. He said it was the first time any of them commented on
anything he'd ever served them.

Merry Xmas to all.
Frank Reid

Okay, I just made this and put it in the refrigerator. I need to
keep my strength up for my exams!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old December 4th 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kinda - but check out the links from Dee for more info.
--

Cheryl
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

"DrQuilter" wrote in message