Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

Old December 3rd 05, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

No, that's the other tin! The leftovers go in the freezer for a while and
then you mix in some coffee powder and yummy eat it....mmmm

quicker)

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
Ahh so thats what I do with the Cond. milk left over from the fudge!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:52:44 +1100, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

Try condensed milk in the crumb mix too instead of copha. Works a treat

Old December 3rd 05, 07:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Where does the name Warp Drive come from?

Old December 3rd 05, 08:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

What about Rich Tea biscuits ... here we use something called Marie biscuits
to make that kind of crust ... and those are something like Rich Tea (but
not as nice!)
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa
"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
The filling sounds gorgeous, but I need a translation about the pie
crust.

At first I thought it was a pastry shell, but on re-reading think it
must be one of thos wizzed up biscuits and butter ones.

I know Oreos are chocolate flavoured biscuits, but have never met
Grahams Crackers. Here cream crackers are a very dry biscuit for
cheese - ooops, have just realised that your biscuits are called
crackers, and your biscuits are a sort of scone, so now I'm even more
confused! It can't be a 'for cheese' variety.....

Or am I completely confused and its some ready made shell you buy?

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:34:04 -0500, "Frank Reid"
ten.tsacmoc@diersicnarf wrote:

Warp Drive Chocolate Pie

12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
5 egg yolks (no whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons brandy or other liquor (try Gran Marnier)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 Graham cracker or Oreo Cookie pie crust - 8"

Put first 4 ingredients in a blender. Blend on low 1 minute. Heat the 1
1/2 cups heavy cream just to boiling. Pour into blender. Blend on high
for
1 minute. Pour into crust. Chill for at least 3 hours uncovered in the
refrigerator.
The hot cream melts the chocolate and cooks the eggs. This recipe is VERY
rich. The slices should be about 1" wide. Can't eat much more than that.
Try drizzling with a raspberry sauce right before serving. I gave this
recipe to a friend of mine in the UK. He served it to several members of
the House of Lords. He said it was the first time any of them commented
on
anything he'd ever served them.

Merry Xmas to all.
Frank Reid

Old December 3rd 05, 11:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Star Trek?

Old December 3rd 05, 11:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Aha!! I can get *those* here! these biscuits must be more traditional that I
thought if they are available in both NL and SA

Thanks Tutu :-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old December 3rd 05, 11:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I wonder if anyone has ever used "ginger snaps"?
I saw Alton Brown use mustard, brown sugar, bourbon, and "ginger
snaps" to put a crust on a ham!

Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:43:29 +0000 (UTC), Sally Swindells
wrote:

Thanks everyone. I also had a thought that the digestive biscuits made
to have with cheese (ie not so sweet) might be a good substitute.

Old December 3rd 05, 11:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

We get Rich Tea and Marie Biscuits but not Graham Crackers

Dee in Oz

Old December 3rd 05, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sally, you can use Digestive Biscuits in place of graham crackers. Not quite
the same thing, but they work just fine. And you're correct, it's a
crumbs-and-butter crust. Americans distinguish between crackers (usually not
sweet) and cookies (sweet), which you call biscuits. Graham "crackers" are
one of those things that started off relatively healthy with little or no
sugar and then morphed into something else without a name change. (Muffins
are another such.)
But probably lots of people would buy a ready-made shell. Not sure how to
treat the oreos myself -do they get used filling and all in a pie shell?
With extra butter?
Roberta in D

"Sally Swindells" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

Old December 3rd 05, 11:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Not sure I'd use cooking chocolate. Seems it would make a better texture to
use properly conched eating chocolate!
Roberta in D

"Sally Swindells" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
We can get choc chips but they work out much much more expensive than
'proper' chocolate. Incidently, for those of us with Tescos their (I
think 75%) cooking chocolate is much cheaper than anyone elses (about
79p and was recommended by by a local chef who'se speciality is
desserts.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:13:32 +0100, "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

Er- just what did the Lords comment? Sounds delicious. Of course, over
here
in choc-chip-free territory, I'd be forced to use something like Valrhona
or
the Lindt 75%.
Poor me.
Roberta in D

m...

Old December 3rd 05, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Where does the name Warp Drive come from?

I believe its a Star Trek reference. True story: Whilst in the US Air
Force in the mid 1980's, I was assigned to a super secret government agency.
Ever curious, I was looking through the computer file system (I should have
been working) when I found a directory that was named "menu." Hmm, thinks
I, this is where the will keep all those neat programs. Nope. It was a
super secret recipe repository. Being a true geek, this name caught my eye.
I opened it and copied it out by hand (no printers were attached to the
system). The recipe and I barely made it out with our lives.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply