OT Report on Chocolate Chip Cookies

Old March 6th 05, 04:01 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default OT Report on Chocolate Chip Cookies

To whom it may concern:
Some time ago our friend Nancycog in Maryland
intimated that she makes wonderful chocolate chip
cookies. Of course I was interested in the topic!
I indicated that if her claims were true, perhaps
she would consider assuming the role of RCTQ
Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nancy modestly
agreed (cough cough!) Well, last month Nancy and
her Charming Count came to our Humble Palace in
Virginia for the Official Tasting. Lo and Behold,
those cookies were Absolutely Fantastic. My DH
wholeheartedly agreed. So, without further ado, I
proclaim it! Official: Nancycog is the Undisputed
Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies for RCTQ! Don't
agree? Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles!
(Snicker!)
PAT, Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

Old March 6th 05, 04:56 PM
Diana Curtis

Mmmmmmmm, snickers.
Disagree with the vetter of all things chocolatey? Nay.
Welcome to our new Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies! All hail!
Diana

Old March 6th 05, 05:21 PM
Kathy Applebaum

But Pat, how is a report on Chocolate Chip Cookies (or anything chocolate)
off topic???

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old March 6th 05, 07:28 PM
Sandy Foster

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
To whom it may concern:
Some time ago our friend Nancycog in Maryland
intimated that she makes wonderful chocolate chip
cookies. Of course I was interested in the topic!
I indicated that if her claims were true, perhaps
she would consider assuming the role of RCTQ
Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies. Nancy modestly
agreed (cough cough!) Well, last month Nancy and
her Charming Count came to our Humble Palace in
Virginia for the Official Tasting. Lo and Behold,
those cookies were Absolutely Fantastic. My DH
wholeheartedly agreed. So, without further ado, I
proclaim it! Official: Nancycog is the Undisputed
Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies for RCTQ! Don't
agree? Well, that's the way the cookie crumbles!
(Snicker!)
PAT, Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ

As our official Chocolate Taster, how could we do anything other than
agree with you, Pat? g Besides, I was even more than willing to
acknowledge Nancycog as the Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies before
your test. Now if I could only *taste* some of those cookies! Any chance
of getting the recipe?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old March 6th 05, 10:29 PM

LOL! Thank you, My Queen Pat, for the honor. I am humbled. I hereby
promise to deliver ccc's to any meetup at a quilt show (Lancaster is
next April 1) or S.E.X. at a local quilt shop. Just let me know how many
are coming?!!! The recipe is easy....the one on the back of Nestle's
SemiSweet Chocolate Chips. I just add pecans (or sometimes oatmeal) to
add some crunch. Bowing and scraping (the bowl), I am, Nancycog in MD,
Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies, whose Count likes raisins, too.

Old March 6th 05, 10:52 PM
Dee in Oz

.....the one on the back of Nestle's SemiSweet Chocolate Chips.

But some of us don't get "Nestle's SemiSweet Chocolate Chips" Down
under we get dark, milk or white so it looks like you have to tpye that
recipe out after all

Dee in Oz

Old March 7th 05, 12:36 AM

Oh, OK, Dee. Go to www.VeryBestBaking.com and be ready to drool over
the fab recipes. Type in "TOLL HOUSE COOKIES" in the yellow box and you
will get the recipe. There must be hundreds of variations of this great
cookie, but the original is THE BEST!! When my kiddos were small, a
close friend of theirs moved to another state. He called one night, and
said "I can smell the cookies baking!!" He knew me well. 8^) Nancycog
in MD, Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Old March 7th 05, 03:47 AM
Kellie J. Berger

mum always makes that recipe but subs a cup of crunchy peanut butter for the
cup of nuts... not many of them make it to the cooled state!
think i may need to make a batch soon....

-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/berger....net/my_photos

Old March 7th 05, 05:17 AM
Dee in Oz

Oh, OK, Dee. Go to
www.VeryBestBaking.com and be ready to drool over
the fab recipes. Type in "TOLL HOUSE COOKIES" in the yellow box and

you
will get the recipe. There must be hundreds of variations of this

great
cookie, but the original is THE BEST!! When my kiddos were small, a
close friend of theirs moved to another state. He called one night,

and
said "I can smell the cookies baking!!" He knew me well. 8^)

Nancycog
in MD, Countess of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Thanks Nancycog, that sounds so much like the Toll House biscuit recipe
I have been making for 20+ years

Dee in Oz

Off Topic: Chewy Chocolate Cookies: The BEST! Ellison Quilting 16 December 17th 04 05:23 AM
Chocolate (was Oh Bother!) Kathy Applebaum Quilting 0 August 11th 04 02:23 PM
OT - Truffles recipes frood Quilting 6 December 16th 03 02:45 AM
quilts, quilt books, chocolate Pat in Virginia Quilting 0 July 10th 03 11:39 PM