Our (well his.. ) new kiln

Old July 15th 04, 06:01 PM
Su/Cutworks

Default Our (well his.. ) new kiln

We just had a call from the nice man (Richard) at Living Light Studio where
we've ordered our kiln, and it's on its way to us (well, him...) and will
arrive tomorrow!

We're (well, he is... ) very excited as he's been waiting to do more work
till he could be sure to be able to anneal his beads.

I'm excited too as it means he'll be working on more beads. I haven't taken
pics of anything lately (dunno, probably a sense of lethargy that's been
hanging around since I hurt myself)... but I have some pics that I hope to
share soon of some necklaces I've put together and the bracelet for my
daughter's birthday.

-Su

Old July 15th 04, 08:13 PM
starlia

You know you can do clay and fused works and PMC in that kiln. That's why I
love it.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 15th 04, 08:36 PM
E J Ralph

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:01:22 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

We just had a call from the nice man (Richard) at Living Light Studio where
we've ordered our kiln, and it's on its way to us (well, him...) and will
arrive tomorrow!

We're (well, he is... ) very excited as he's been waiting to do more work
till he could be sure to be able to anneal his beads.

I'm excited too as it means he'll be working on more beads. I haven't taken
pics of anything lately (dunno, probably a sense of lethargy that's been
hanging around since I hurt myself)... but I have some pics that I hope to
share soon of some necklaces I've put together and the bracelet for my
daughter's birthday.

-Su

Ooh yey for you both!

I am still TRYING to get info from Richard about that kiln - he keeps
saying he will send it, then email it - I KNOW it is a conspiricy and
he is trying to keep it from me ;-) I will find a way though! I am
starting to even feel hurt and considering throwing my toys out of my
pram at being denied!!

But, I guess I will let him off as he did send my bead mashers and
silver foil out to me today!

If British patience fails though, I am gonna try your American
approach with him, as you recommended ;-)

Hope you (he) has fun with the kiln! And remember, we want to know
EVERYTHING and see EVERTHING ;-)

Emma
Old July 15th 04, 08:44 PM
starlia

What is the American approach? We wait for nothing? hahahaha

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 15th 04, 08:55 PM
Candace

Oh, I think we wait--but we plot the downfall and total ruin of the offender
while we wait

What is the American approach? We wait for nothing? hahahaha

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 15th 04, 09:18 PM
E J Ralph

On 15 Jul 2004 19:55:45 GMT, huh (Candace)
wrote:

Oh, I think we wait--but we plot the downfall and total ruin of the offender
while we wait

Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

No, I think that is the British approach ;-)

Su had a theory that she managed to get the kiln info from Richard at
Living Light Glass because she was - I quote - "a pushy American" .

Ok - well , its no more Ms. Nice Girl from now on - ;-) I am phoning
them tommorrow and gonna ask again!

Emma

Old July 15th 04, 09:22 PM
Su/Cutworks

Emma wrote:

I am still TRYING to get info from Richard about that kiln - he keeps
saying he will send it, then email it - I KNOW it is a conspiricy and
he is trying to keep it from me ;-) I will find a way though! I am
starting to even feel hurt and considering throwing my toys out of my
pram at being denied!!

LOL, he mentioned that someone else wanted a kiln when I asked. He also
said he emailed me but I have never seen one yet, my ISP must hate his ISP?

But, I guess I will let him off as he did send my bead mashers and
silver foil out to me today!

So there, you see? He knows you want it and he's going to make you beg.
:-)

If British patience fails though, I am gonna try your American
approach with him, as you recommended ;-)

Yep, or at least just give him a call and be forthright and very British,
stiff upper lip and all.

Hope you (he) has fun with the kiln! And remember, we want to know
EVERYTHING and see EVERTHING ;-)

As soon as there's something to see I promise! I have to get myself geared
up for it, but I will have time tomorrow since I'll be on my own as the son
is off to get used to the idea of school and himself is at the physio
tomorrow.

Ahhh, blessed quiet!

-Su

Old July 15th 04, 09:26 PM
E J Ralph

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:22:49 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

As soon as there's something to see I promise! I have to get myself geared
up for it, but I will have time tomorrow since I'll be on my own as the son
is off to get used to the idea of school and himself is at the physio
tomorrow.

Ahhh, blessed quiet!

-Su

OOh - first day at school. I remember my first day at school - I was
so excited. It was quite a letdown really. I had a bright green
pencil case with a plastic cheetah on it (I was rather proud of this)
full of pencils and pens etc. I went rushing up to proclaim my astute
forward planning to the nursery assistant who crushed me with the
words "oh you won't need that - we have everything you need here"

Such heartbreak. ;-)

Emma

Old July 15th 04, 09:33 PM
Su/Cutworks

Emma wrote:

Oh, I think we wait--but we plot the downfall and total ruin of the

offender
while we wait

No, I think that is the British approach ;-)

We learned it from you, then! :-)

Su had a theory that she managed to get the kiln info from Richard at
Living Light Glass because she was - I quote - "a pushy American" .

Yep, I don't take no for an answer and if I want something I keep calling
till I get it.

Ok - well , its no more Ms. Nice Girl from now on - ;-) I am phoning
them tommorrow and gonna ask again!

Since Richard called me today to arrange for the shipment, perhaps he's
waiting to call you tomorrow, after all it can be exhausting trying to
please us pushy Americans! :-D

-Su

Old July 15th 04, 09:33 PM
Su/Cutworks

Emma wrote:

OOh - first day at school. I remember my first day at school - I was
so excited. It was quite a letdown really. I had a bright green
pencil case with a plastic cheetah on it (I was rather proud of this)
full of pencils and pens etc. I went rushing up to proclaim my astute
forward planning to the nursery assistant who crushed me with the
words "oh you won't need that - we have everything you need here"

Such heartbreak. ;-)

Poor baby, don't people understand these things stay with us for life????

He's starting in September, as we've made a commitment to stay in the area,
we've put down roots and put up a shed, you can't get much more committed
than that so we've enrolled him in a local school. He's five and will be in
Year 1, it's a good thing for him to be able to be around kids his age on a
regular basis, when he's older he can decide if he wants self-education but
for now he gets to just be one of the kids.

I had a pink vinyl pencil case, I loved that thing till it finally fell
apart. You always hurt the ones you love, don't you... (G)

-Su

OT Kiln ? for bead makers KDK Beads 17 May 12th 04 01:39 AM
Good news, and agonizing over kiln purchase Kalera Stratton Beads 14 October 17th 03 02:11 AM
Good news, and agonizing over kiln purchase Kalera Stratton Beads 0 October 14th 03 06:11 PM
Seeking Kiln Advice saucy Beads 5 August 11th 03 04:18 AM
Kiln question Kalera Stratton Beads 13 July 11th 03 06:35 AM