Ria Don`t be angry i am home , could mot call you

Old July 3rd 03, 03:24 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ria Don`t be angry i am home , could mot call you

First my apologies to Ria i could not call you i treated my muscles
for being able to go home ,,,,
I hope to repeat missed out visit in 3 month [ minus plus]
It was not my back that was wrong it was my Muscle i sit on ,more
tomorrow ,,,,
mirjam
Great to,read you all really sorry to have missed you Ria ,, please
call my father for this thing i left for you son ,,,

Old July 3rd 03, 03:19 PM
NoraBalcer

Mirjam,

Oh, please take care of that problem, not a good one to have, and like Els,
been there, done that.

Hugs,

Your twin,

Nora
Old July 4th 03, 03:46 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dear Friends thank all of you for the concern.
As you might remember last year i particpated in a convention [3 days]
od Other Voices -Women in the Holocaust, came home got my neck stuck,
My Phsiotherapist [ the one that saved my index finger] , said i am so
uptight in this circumstances that i tighten up my muscles , stop
breathing properly, and that 1-2 muscles become one big knot.
It was the same. I flew to Amsterdam, took train[s] to assen where i
slept and next morning took train to Beilen. train/taxi to Westerbork
memorial museum. I came told them what i came for, and was accepted
with respect and care, they found it very brave that i came on my own
without friend or family. I was invited into a room , kind of oval
shaped , with boig windows overlooking the woods, a table + 4 chairs,
one plain light brown cupboard, and a big shelf of maybe 20-30 [?] red
covered books i was offered water or coffee, refused, and than i stood
there , even before my tender companion , could speak , ask to show
her my names ? I cried like i haven`t cried in years. "Oh GOD ! " i
thought ;"this is it one long shelf of red books containing the lists
of 102.000 murdered Jewish people.?"I cried and became Numb . like an
Ice block covered me, my wonderful companoin , couldn`t get my answer
to waht to bring me so she came with water and lots of encouraging
words,. Until i calmed down, and we checked name after name . The
lists are plain ,
Name, date of Birth , place of birth , date of murder , place of
murder,
And here they were , My maternal Grandfather, My maternal granmother,
2 sisters of my mother. Until now i only knew the dates they arrived
to Auschwits , now i know their murder-day dates.
My mother praternal Aunt , here i got a surprise i found out she was
My Grandpa`s twin sister, and added another concentaration camp to my
private list Sobibor , where she , her husband and kid were murdered,
But i was so surprised to learn one more family detail.
My great Greatmother [praternal] and a great aunt and uncle .
Tahnn i checked my stepfather`` side, all in all 14 names for sure ,
and 3 we were not so sure. I was numb , the wonderful stuff were so
kind and friendly with me as much as trhey could, i went into the
basis show , suitcaeses , dolls pictures , film , do i recognize any
face ? i could not move i had to cry , a kind teacher with his class ,
came to me told me he lost most his family as well.
From there i took the shuttle to the camp site itself ,,
but i will tell you about this later ,, i have to breath ,

Old July 4th 03, 12:21 PM
Katherine

Mirjam,
That must have been horrible for you! Please know that you are in my prayers.
Hugs,
Katherine
Old July 4th 03, 01:31 PM
Norma

Oh, Mirjam. I am so sorry. What a horrible thing to go through. I hope that
they can rest now in your mind, and you can rest now, too.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
[...]
From there i took the shuttle to the camp site itself ,,
but i will tell you about this later ,, i have to breath ,

Old July 4th 03, 02:57 PM
Carol in TN

Mirjam,
How very brave you are.
Thirty years ago, while my ex was stationed in Germany, we visited Dachau
camp. Even now, I find it difficult to put my emotions into words and I did
not even have family that was there.
Just know that we are here for you.
Carol in TN

[...]
From there i took the shuttle to the camp site itself ,,
but i will tell you about this later ,, i have to breath ,

finally back home, good news and bad news Terbear Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
I'm Home!!! Debbi Quilting 1 April 8th 04 02:48 AM
Home from retreat Susanne Quilting 3 November 12th 03 06:18 AM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM