Ping Donna

Old November 2nd 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Default Ping Donna

Donna: I thought you were going to be in N.O. Nov 1 through 4. Did
your plans change?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old November 3rd 10, 09:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/2/10 10:47 AM, in article ,
"Olwyn.Mary" wrote:

Donna: I thought you were going to be in N.O. Nov 1 through 4. Did
your plans change?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

She is according to her blog.

Cheryl

Old November 3rd 10, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 11/3/2010 4:42 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/2/10 10:47 AM, in article ,
wrote:

Donna: I thought you were going to be in N.O. Nov 1 through 4. Did
your plans change?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

She is according to her blog.

Cheryl

Oh. I haven't heard from her.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old November 4th 10, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

Donna: I thought you were going to be in N.O. Nov 1 through 4. Did
your plans change?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

She is according to her blog.

Cheryl

Oh. I haven't heard from her.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Don't really know her plans - I hope you do, Donna is a great lady!

Cheryl

Old November 8th 10, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Nov 2, 9:47*am, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
Donna: *I thought you were going to be in N.O. Nov 1 through 4. *Did
your plans change?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I hate to say it, but I've been in and out of your very fine city
without getting back in touch with you. Shame on me.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the place you live. I
enjoyed every minute I was there, except Monday night last week when I
got tripped up crossing the street by a pothole. I swear this did not
involve too much alcohol. My shins and knees are still bruised.

I got to visit both the Quarter Stitch and Garden District
Needleworks. Had a cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking.
Partied with the conference folks at Generations Hall with Paul
Prudhomme and at the Superdome. Took a ride on the Natchez. Went to
the touristy spots like Cafe du Monde.

Love the food. Best meals were at Arnaud's and the John Besh place -
The American Sector - at the WWII museum.

My hubby and I are going to be talking about this trip for a long
time.

I'm sorry that I forgot to get in touch with you right before we left.
I had just come back from NH and did a quick turn around to get on the
plane to LA. And we didn't take the computer with us. The internet
cafe at the hotel was horrible and I couldn't get on RCTN. I am so
sorry.

But believe me, I will be back. There are too many places we didn't
go. Like exploring outside the city.

I did do some stash enhancement. Several of the ornament kits from the
GDN, a cajun Santa mini-stocking, a Joan Thomasson kit of The Merry
Widow.

If anyone else needs a reminder of a trip to the Crescent City, look
at the needlepoint ornament kits he http://www.gardendistrictneedlework..biz/

If you haven't been to New Orleans, you need to go!

Donna in Virginia again (sadly)

Old November 8th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Donna wrote:
[...]

Delighted you enjoyed your time here. Sorry about the pothole, N.O. is
famous (infamous?) for them. DH and I used to go to the mall to walk as
exercise, walking in the city hs to be a gentle stroll, with the eyes
swivelling from the path to the architecture every few seconds!! As
they say around here, "Y'all come back soon now."

BTW, what did you think of GDN? I don't have many places with which to
compare it nowadays.

Olwyn Mary, who is privileged to live in the Big Easy simply because her
dh was headhunted here.
Old November 8th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Delighted you enjoyed your time here. *Sorry about the pothole, N.O. is
famous (infamous?) for them. *DH and I used to go to the mall to walk as
exercise, walking in the city hs to be a gentle stroll, with the eyes
swivelling from the path to the architecture every few seconds!! *As
they say around here, "Y'all come back soon now."

BTW, what did you think of GDN? *I don't have many places with which to
compare it nowadays.

Olwyn Mary, who is privileged to live in the Big Easy simply because her
dh was headhunted here.

Terrific thread choices. I'd do fine if this was my LNS. Of course, I
wouldn't be doing much stitching on linen. I've never been in a
needlework store before that has crystal chandeliers!

We noticed the sidewalk problems. And then we noticed the floors
weren't even level in our hotel. Maybe that's to disguise the drunk
people.

Donna in Virginia
Old November 8th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 11/8/2010 4:47 PM, Donna wrote:

[...]

It was originally juat an antique shop, then Diana, the owner, who is a
former president of our Guild, was persuaded by another Guild member to
carry a few threads and canvases etc. Diana is also a knitter, and she
had the opportunity to buy out a store which was closing down, then they
bought out a needlepoint store which was closing, and it all snowballed
from there. Yes, the antiques are also for sale.

If you were in one of our historic hotels, yes, the floors would be
uneven. Old age and all that.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.