Need Help Please

Old October 20th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Craftslady

Default Need Help Please

Hi I'm new here so if I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry. The question
I have is I have cat and he sheds all the time. I haven't done any of
my crafts for almost 2 years because of getting hair in project. I'm
really going nuts not being able to do them. What do you suggest me
to do? He also is always either on my lap or beside me. Even
reading is hard to do with him

Craftslady
Old October 21st 10, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Karen C - California wrote:
Craftslady wrote:

Hi I'm new here so if I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry. The question
I have is I have cat and he sheds all the time. I haven't done any of
my crafts for almost 2 years because of getting hair in project. I'm
really going nuts not being able to do them. What do you suggest me
to do? He also is always either on my lap or beside me. Even
reading is hard to do with him

Craftslady

Deal with the fact that you can have cats or you can have hair-free, but
you cannot have both.

Too true. Best way I have found to keep the cat hair out of tuff is
to comb and brush the little darlings frequently! I usually have one of
the cat babies sitting with me on my chair, especially when I am doing
needlework. I make sure I brush the kitty before I start stitching. I
also keep a roll of tape handy so that I can use it to pick up any cat
fuzz I happen to see near my work.
Oh and WELCOME. Tell us more about your baby and what you want to
start working on :-). And never forget that cat hair (actually ANY pet
hair) is a decorative fiber -- LOLOL!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old October 21st 10, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:43:19 -0700 (PDT),
Craftslady wrote:
Hi I'm new here so if I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry. The question
I have is I have cat and he sheds all the time. I haven't done any of
my crafts for almost 2 years because of getting hair in project. I'm
really going nuts not being able to do them. What do you suggest me
to do? He also is always either on my lap or beside me. Even
reading is hard to do with him

I've done a lot of embroidery and sewing over the years with feline and
canine supervision.

Have you tried a Furminator? They're highly efficient at removing piles of
fur. The cats here all approve of them -- so does the dog. Kinda expensive
and worth it, imo.

Kay

Old October 21st 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Karen C - California wrote:
Craftslady wrote:

[...]

No cat here, but I do have a long haired Maltese dog. He doesn't shed, but
often loses an 8" long hair from his tail. That always seems to wind up in
my needlework project and most of the time I just leave it in.

Just think that in the future, when they do DNA testing on the piece to find
out more about the person who stitched it, they will be surprised to note
that it was done by a cat.

Lucille

Old October 21st 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Oct 20, 10:51*pm, Tia Mary wrote:
Best way I have found to keep the cat hair out of tuff is
to comb and brush the little darlings frequently!

Do they have a food supplement for reducing shedding for cats? I know
they do for dogs. Hmmm. Maybe it can be used for both....must look
on the label.

Joan
Old October 23rd 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

I have is I have cat and he sheds all the time. *I haven't done any of
my crafts for almost 2 years because of getting hair in project. *
*What do you suggest me
to do? *

Shave the cat.

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old October 23rd 10, 11:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mary

I brush my cat every day, and get quite a bit of hair. She happens to
enjoy being brushed, and I enjoy having a lot less hair and a lot
fewer hairballs! I can't get ALL of the hair away from furniture,
etc., but get the vast majority, and don't have a problem with hair in
my quilting, tatting, needlework, or knitting.
Old October 24th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cathy from KY in CA

Have you tried a Furminator? *They're highly efficient at removing piles of
fur. *The cats here all approve of them -- so does the dog. *Kinda expensive
and worth it, imo.

Kay

I have 3 cats that live with my daughter in KY and have to say the
Furminator
is the best thing going. Bought it at the vet office and it cost
about $40.
Well worth the money!! Got that fur under control in no time!!

just me,
Cathy from KY in CA
Old November 10th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Craftslady

Karen C - California wrote:

Craftslady wrote:

[...]

Visit my Photo albums at *http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary- Hide quoted text -

Well my Goddaughter is due in Feb and I to start a baby annoucement.