where is everybody?

Old November 9th 10, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default where is everybody?

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 11/7/10 11:45 PM, in article , "Karen C
in
Calif" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

A friend recommended the "Ladybug Farm"
series.

Gee, I wonder why?

Actually, she has no idea about the ladybug thing - we share reading lists
trying to get the other "something off the beaten path". She recommends
the
"standard novels" and suspense shading to horror, I send her mysteries and
fantasy rich things.

Cheryl

The Ladybug Farm books look promising. Anything new to recommend,
especially in suspense shading to horror?

A friend told me I must read Cutting For Stone by Verghiese but I'm not so
sure. I have it, but haven't started it yet and will report when I read
enough to know if I really want to finish it.

Lucille

Old November 9th 10, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
In message , Karen C in Calif
writes
Liz from Humbug wrote:
I'm finally back at my seasonal job of entering mail orders for pears
& Moose Munch

Yay!!!! Bring RCTN some Moose Munch to share.

Well DH and I have been celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary today.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

I just realized that I never sent my congrats on your 56th anniversary and
I'm sorry for neglecting such an auspicious occasion.

Lucille

Old November 9th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone[_2_]

In message , Lucille
writes

Liz from Humbug wrote:
I'm finally back at my seasonal job of entering mail orders for pears
& Moose Munch

Yay!!!! Bring RCTN some Moose Munch to share.

Well DH and I have been celebrating our 56th wedding anniversary today.
Hugs
Shirley
-- Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

I just realized that I never sent my congrats on your 56th anniversary
and I'm sorry for neglecting such an auspicious occasion.

Lucille

I am celebrating it all week so you are still in time.
Thank you very much
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old November 10th 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 11/5/10 5:13 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

I haven't seen any new messages at all (other than the recipe I posted)
in two days. Is everyone gone all at once?

Yup, it's been not too chatty. Sorry - I've been busy with the world of
overcommitment, medical issues, dealing with the VA Employment Commission,
etc.

I haven't picked up a needle in three days and am going through
withdrawal. Tonight, some stitching time for sure!! I've finished
stitching two ornaments from the JCS 2010 issue - the sock monkey and
the BritterKitty ones; I'm now working on the puffin. This weekend I'll
kit up the monkey and kitty ones for assembly during my trip next week -
it'll be small enough to not take up too much room in the bag. Maybe
I'll finish the puffin one, too!....or maybe not. vbg

sue

Once again, you inspire me to get some stitching done. Summary - I'll pick
up something fun soon! But, warning - am answering your what's up thing,
and it may sound like moaning, though I hope not, and is long response.
Plus, totally busy last week with crazy election things - the thrill of
running a large precinct in a crazy county.

Around here, well, both DH & I have been going thru some straggling on flu
kind of thing. I'm well for a day, then sick, and so it goes. Him, too.
Hasn't helped that my favorite doctor decided we should spread out the time
til next outpatient therapy day, and well, went too long. Which means while
I don't look horrid (matter of opinion) I've been feeling more generally bad
as a result. So, Monday is my outpatient day to get pumped up, which will
have to go back to more rather than less frequent (as we hit the your
bloodwork is so bad some components can't be measured state again - woo
hoo). Further complicated by taking medication that is immuno-suppressant,
which mostly affects respiratory things, but means that before I never
really suffered from lingering cold/flu things - just the quasi-annual
bronchitis. Now, the stupid "my DH contaged me" thing lingers longer. Such
is life - much better than the alternative.

Finally got approved for unemployment - first time ever in my life - a new
experience, but, better than no groceries. Fun process as it involved being
interviewed by a deputy from the state Employment Commission. Essentially
she wrote a pretty good letter giving me benefits and saying my former
employer has some problems within.... In the meantime, back on the job hunt.
I am now about to totally redo my most recently updated resumes into some
even newer format. Ugh - I think it will take me a few days, but should get
done. In the meantime, hit the Loudoun Cty job fair (very small) yesterday,
had the thrill of being photo'd while talking to some HR types, and I have
the bad feeling some horrible picture of me looking like an exploding,
disheveled unemployed tomato will show up in the Loudoun Times-Mirror (the
journalist did get my info, etc). OTOH, I had a great talk with a senior HR
person from a Research Institute that has a growing campus out here, and
maybe something will come of it.

Hmmm, stitching wise. I'm working on a little project that is supposed to
be taught to my EGA chapter in Feb. The NL editor wants the write-up this
weekend, with photos. Should be done....Biggest problem - making it not so
complicated as to be doable in essentially a 90 min class. Working out the
details for "finishing" now - which will be demo'd in class. Details to
come, with photo once I'm done..........

Beyond that, all projects from anyone else seem to be on hold. Except I've
been working a bit on finishing up last year's Quaker sampler. Mostly it's
been working on the Mt Vernon humonguous cushion (that I can only do for
limited time 'cause of the wool, etc). And the series of canvas and
congress pieces that I'm putting together into proposals for some EGA
regionals, and ANG national, along with some submittals for ANG.

Maybe now I'll go stitch something fun. In the meantime, reading a strange
book called "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell" by Susanna Clarke - which won
some awards a couple of years ago, and was on the recommended by staff shelf
at the local Borders, plus - well, I had a coupon! It's about magic &
England in the 19th century.

Ellice

Old November 11th 10, 12:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/10/10 7:06 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Calif" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

A friend recommended the "Ladybug Farm"
series.

Gee, I wonder why?

Actually, she has no idea about the ladybug thing - we share reading lists
trying to get the other "something off the beaten path". She recommends
the
"standard novels" and suspense shading to horror, I send her mysteries and
fantasy rich things.

Cheryl

The Ladybug Farm books look promising. Anything new to recommend,
especially in suspense shading to horror?

It may take a few days for her to get back to me, but I'll ask. Last thing I
liked was Robert Crais - not sure where that falls on the suspense, but not
horror.

A friend told me I must read Cutting For Stone by Verghiese but I'm not so
sure. I have it, but haven't started it yet and will report when I read
enough to know if I really want to finish it.

Lucille

I'll await your verdict.

I've just started Archangel by Sharon Shinn and have promised myself a nice
long read after R and E are out the door.

Cheryl

OK - J.A. Jance - not her mysteries but her "stand alones' are good
according to her. I've read a few, they are good, but not always my taste.

Finished Archangel last night and really enjoyed it. A heavy on the love
story fantasy, but as always her writing is phenomenal.