Completely OT; Baking Question

Old February 8th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Completely OT; Baking fun

The new stove here (which will do everything including 'touching up your
roots') is Such a Honey. When pre-heating, it tells you with a sweet quiet
'ding-a-ling' that it has reached temp. Ding-a-ling? Yes. Just right for
me. What a hoot! I love it. Polly

"Julia in MN" wrote in message
I have a chart that says a 13"x9"x2" metal pan holds 15 cups. I use that
for one cake mix, though the top of the cake doesn't reach the top of the
pan. But one cake mix should be plenty for that 10-cup castle pan. Don't
fill it more than 3/4 full or you may have overflow.

Old February 8th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Default Completely OT; Baking Question

ooooooo. i love to bake, but dont like to clean up..

is it cake yet???

do we get to see it?

amy in CNY
Old February 8th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Naaaah, Amy. I was baking bread. Didn't turn out exactly picture perfect.
All the loaves were sort of 'poofy' to the rear. A problem lots of us are
familiar with. Polly

Old February 8th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

your stove is better than mine for sure.
all i get when whatever is finished baking is a ding, ding, ding.
what i'd give for a-ling, a-ling, a-ling. ))))
j.
never had any roots to touch up

"Polly Esther" wrote...

Old February 17th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

On Feb 6, 3:17�pm, joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska
wrote:
I quilt and sew; I don't cook much.

However, I want to make a cake for my grandchildren with a bund cake
pan that I got for Xmas. �(When you turn it upside down, it's a
castle!) �Anyway, the cake pan says I need 10 cups of cake batter.. �I
bought one regulation white cake mix. �Will this be enough? (I read
the box over and over and can't figure it out.)

tia,
joan
p.s. �I've got little plastic knights to put around the base of my
cake castle! �Gonna be a moment to remember with Grandma for the
little tykes. But it won't be nearly as effective if I only have half
a castle!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/3286376718/

The cake was a rip-roaring success! I used one lemon flavored cake
mix and the directions on the side of the box for a 'pound' cake.
That seems more like to hold together than just a regular cake. So I
added one box of instant lemon pudding, oil, water and eggs. When it
came out of the oven, it hadn't overflowed the pan, so the amount was
perfect. It was, however, somewhat 'domed.' I figured that wouldn't
sit well, so I evened off the bottom with a strand of quilting
thread! (See the topic get get on topic, after all.)

joan
Old February 17th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Now, that looks like it was fun!
Good for you, now you can uncross your fingers and toes hoping it
would turn out okay

Ginger in CA

Old February 17th 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

the cake is great, i love lemon cake...
but those cake eaters are the beez kneez.
they are just adorable, well done all of you. )

we really need to taste that cake to really know how well it turned out,
Joan.
perhaps you could rustle up a couple of dozen more and send us each a slice.

no hurry but easter is coming and that might be a nice addition to the table
fare.
snorfle,
j.

Old February 17th 09, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Let's try this picture instead. I'm not entirely comfortable putting
up and leaving children's pictures out there on the internet for
anyone to see. Not that anyone in rctq is a problem, but one never
knows about the rest of the internet. Sorry for the inconvenience
with the broken link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/3286117539/

joan
Old February 17th 09, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I am completely dumbfounded!
What an absolutely fantastic and amazing 'structure'.
No wonder it was a success.
..
In message
,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 17th 09, 10:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Looks great! Bet they ate every bite :-)
Love the dragon.
Roberta in D