Last chance for Directory!

Old February 13th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default Last chance for Directory!

I will be away for the weekend (Gypsy is guarding the stash so don't get any
ideas!) so I wanted to give you one more chance to fill out the Directory
form. The form will close on Monday night. We have had about 140 entries
so will I get to see all the favorites and upcoming birthdays next week. I
will start to sort out the form and get it arranged for the vetting process.
We're looking at a March 1 distribution date. I am working with Karen on
this and will do what she can't. She has indicated that she would like to
do her part as a way of keeping on mind on other things. We do this as a
team so we'll help each other through this next phase of the Directory.

The original post for the Directory form was made on January 20, The
posting has lots of information you may want to read if you are new to the
group and don't quite understand what the Directory is and how it's used.

Here's the link to the form:

http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/Directory/index.htm

Once the form closes it will be removed from the site.

Form will close on Monday, February 16th!
--

Alice
"Do what you like, like what you do"

Old February 14th 09, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

i did it. wasnt sure but then i got in a panic when i realized we were
nearly done.
sorry. brain is mush, nothing new there, i hear some of you mumbling.
you thot i couldnt hear you but i can. hrmph )))
j.

"AliceW" wrote...

Old February 14th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

I was thinking of you this morning Jeanne. Did you have a rush for
Valentines day or has the recession hit all those lovies!

Old February 14th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

Default OT Valentines Flowers, not in fabric...was Last chance for Directory!

being a Saturday the florists had way fewer delivery orders, this is
typical.
tho i think there were less actual sales there too. i guess we'll find out
on monday when dh is back at work.
all these 12 years and we've never had a major problem with this day til
this year.
it seems there was a bear and flowers going to the same addy.
each addressed individually so they'd both get there intact. they were not
attached to each other tho.
this might be where they went wrong. the flowers vanished.
oddly enough tho, they were written up on our master sheet at the hall all
the couriers use.
so they must of come in from the florist.
they were not on the delivery sheet of our driver. she has done this with us
for about 8 or 9 yrs now.
she knows her stuff. she is honest so i know she didnt take them.
somehow between being written up on master sheet and getting into her
vehicle they poofed into thin air. dh was on the phone with florist for ten
minutes discussing this last night. he has no idea what happened. no one
else has any idea what happened. only thing i can think might be one of the
other couriers part time drivers (aka new to it this year) has knicked'em.
that is $130 worth of flowers tho. so now i'm not sure what happens. will we
have to pay for them?
does the florist write it off? who knows. we'll see this week i guess.
unless someone took them by accident and didnt realize it til too late and
lets their courier know.
i hate this kind of thing happening cuz i just worry we'll end up paying for
it when it is not our fault.
of that i am sure. i trust our driver completely. i dont know who else the
other couriers get to help them on this day. could be family, they'd be ok
but some unknown is the worry.
anyhow, it was a really slow day. i only had about 35 deliverys in two runs
so easy peasy and i did not do any injurys to myself like i did on xmas eve.
thank goodness.
i'm just tired now cuz i'm not used to doing anything. i'll survive tho. not
feeling too bad this morning.
we're heading up to SILs house for afternoon bbq lunch. even managed to bake
an Oat Fudge Slice.
increased the recipe by half and somehow managed to get the increased baking
time right too. amazing, lol.
anyhow, sorry to put ya to sleep, lol.
hugz,
j.

"Estelle Gallagher" wrote...

Old February 15th 09, 10:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Sorry about the missing flowers, but I'm glad it wasn't as awful as
you were anticipating!
Roberta in D

Old February 16th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Our children all delivered for a florist on Valentine's. They thought it
was big fun and madness. They enjoyed so much the delighted faces. So
glad, Jeanne, that you survived it all. Polly

Old February 16th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

flowers usually are fun to deliver.
i hated the day i had the a delivery to a sweet 17yo lass, her first ever
flowers from a boy.
she was bouncing off the clouds and i was feeling her joy right along with
her.
sure put a big smile on my face.
the next delivery was to the mum of a teen boy who'd just taken his own
life.
i felt her pain so much. turned my smile upside down.
those kind of days i could do without.
sadly they happened on a regular basis, new baby, car accident, birthdays,
funeral.
i decided i wasnt the right personality for this at all.
i feel other folks emotions too much for my own good.
i'm glad now i only help out on Valentines Day, Mothers Day (always a sunday
so no other deliverys but to the mums of the world) and a couple days before
xmas, different each year with that.
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...