Ria Don`t be angry i am home , could mot call you

Old July 4th 03, 05:52 PM
G.Kelly

Oh ! Mirjam I can feel your sadness and sorrow - I once visited a camp in
Germany _ Dacu ( ? spelling) and it was many years ago and I had no friends
who had been there but the feeling of that place will never leave me or my
husband and certainly not my daughters. We truely feel for you Mirjam and
will keep you in our prayers God Bless you Love Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Dear Friends thank all of you for the concern.
As you might remember last year i particpated in a convention [3 days]
od Other Voices -Women in the Holocaust, came home got my neck stuck,
My Phsiotherapist [ the one that saved my index finger] , said i am so
uptight in this circumstances that i tighten up my muscles , stop
breathing properly, and that 1-2 muscles become one big knot.
It was the same. I flew to Amsterdam, took train[s] to assen where i
slept and next morning took train to Beilen. train/taxi to Westerbork
memorial museum. I came told them what i came for, and was accepted
with respect and care, they found it very brave that i came on my own
without friend or family. I was invited into a room , kind of oval
shaped , with boig windows overlooking the woods, a table + 4 chairs,
one plain light brown cupboard, and a big shelf of maybe 20-30 [?] red
covered books i was offered water or coffee, refused, and than i stood
there , even before my tender companion , could speak , ask to show
her my names ? I cried like i haven`t cried in years. "Oh GOD ! " i
thought ;"this is it one long shelf of red books containing the lists
of 102.000 murdered Jewish people.?"I cried and became Numb . like an
Ice block covered me, my wonderful companoin , couldn`t get my answer
to waht to bring me so she came with water and lots of encouraging
words,. Until i calmed down, and we checked name after name . The
lists are plain ,
Name, date of Birth , place of birth , date of murder , place of
murder,
And here they were , My maternal Grandfather, My maternal granmother,
2 sisters of my mother. Until now i only knew the dates they arrived
to Auschwits , now i know their murder-day dates.
My mother praternal Aunt , here i got a surprise i found out she was
My Grandpa`s twin sister, and added another concentaration camp to my
private list Sobibor , where she , her husband and kid were murdered,
But i was so surprised to learn one more family detail.
My great Greatmother [praternal] and a great aunt and uncle .
Tahnn i checked my stepfather`` side, all in all 14 names for sure ,
and 3 we were not so sure. I was numb , the wonderful stuff were so
kind and friendly with me as much as trhey could, i went into the
basis show , suitcaeses , dolls pictures , film , do i recognize any
face ? i could not move i had to cry , a kind teacher with his class ,
came to me told me he lost most his family as well.
From there i took the shuttle to the camp site itself ,,
but i will tell you about this later ,, i have to breath ,

Old July 5th 03, 06:18 AM
Marie C

Mirjam: I am speechless with emotion.....I'm sending you a big cyber
((((HUG))))).
Marie C.

[...]
From there i took the shuttle to the camp site itself ,,
but i will tell you about this later ,, i have to breath ,

Old July 5th 03, 02:16 PM
Janise Ross

Mirjam,

I was breathless reading your report! Numb, also, with the horrors you
have had to live with. I am so sorry. Please know that we are here for
you.

Janise

Old July 5th 03, 03:44 PM
Tuulia

Mirjam,
Your story of a very difficult journey choked me completely. It should
be made mandatory reading for everyone who still believes that war is
the answer to anything.

My best friend's husband rudely denounced our friendship of over 30
years, by sending me the nastiest email I have ever received. He
believes in war, and I believe in peace. He thought he had the right to
condemn and bully me and call me names I would not want to call anyone,
not even him.

Even now every day young soldiers and civilians, including children, are
being killed because of a senseless war that was started on a lie. We
should have learned from the atrocities that killed millions so many
years ago, and have now resurfaced in your life as an extremely painful
reminder.

God bless you.

Hugs,
Tuulia

Mirjam wrote (from a tearfully broken heart);

[...]
From there i took the shuttle to the camp site itself ,,
but i will tell you about this later ,, i have to breath ,

Old July 5th 03, 03:58 PM
CMM PDX2

Mirjam,

Prayers from me to you also. Those of us who've never experienced such a thing
so closely cannot even imagine -- but we can give you our support.

Your report did remind me of something out of the blue, from when I was 12. My
father's 2nd cousin from then-Czechoslovakia and her family visited us in the
summer of 1968. She was about 15 years younger than my dad, but old enough to
have lived through the war. (her father had been a war hero in the Czech air
force in their fight against the Germans.) Her husband, about her age, found me
reading one day...a history of the camps. He looked at me rather strangely, and
asked me why I wanted to read about such a horrible thing.

I didn't have a really good answer then, because I was a very shy child, so I
just mumbled something. But I have an answer now.

If no one remembers and learns about such things, who will stop it happening
again?

Hugs,
Monica
CMM
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
ShipSupport Mailing List
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShipSupport/

finally back home, good news and bad news Terbear Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
I'm Home!!! Debbi Quilting 1 April 8th 04 02:48 AM
Home from retreat Susanne Quilting 3 November 12th 03 06:18 AM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM