craft show

Old March 27th 04, 10:23 PM
roxan

Default craft show

I did my first craft show of the season today and made almost $400.00 I was
so please since everyone else was complaining that they weren't selling
anything. Not a bad investment for $35.00. I wore my purple beaded necklace
that I entered in the Bead & Button contest which brought a lot of people to
my stand. All the vendors where sending people over to see my work. It is so
nice to have so many compliments from other jewelry vendors. There was only
one other beader that had really great stuff at the show and we had a great
exchange of ideas. We kept sending everyone over to see each others work.
She is going to have one of her pieces in Bead & Button in the "my work"
session of the magazine. Her name is Dianne Miller, look for it in the June
issues. It is really a pretty piece.
If you want to see the purple necklace it is on my website below.
Roxan

https://home.comcast.net/~designsbyroxan/

Old March 27th 04, 10:42 PM
roxan

It was the Central Dauphin Band Booster craft show held at Central Dauphin
School. It is a low end show but it was the only thing around at this time
to do. I was so glad that I did well when most were not doing all that
great. I don't think there was as many people there as last year, but I did
better this year then last year.
Roxan

Old March 27th 04, 11:51 PM
Cheryl

WOW $400 at a craft show is really good!

That necklace is super too -

and no doubt helped to attract customers!

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old March 27th 04, 11:59 PM
Barbara Otterson

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:23:58 -0500, "roxan" wrote:

I did my first craft show of the season today and made almost $400.00 I was
so please since everyone else was complaining that they weren't selling
anything. Not a bad investment for $35.00.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but you're too good to be
working for 400/day--even if the entry fee is only 35.00.
You really need to be doing higher class shows. Spend
175.00 or even 275.00 and enter a good show.
Go home with 4,000.00.
Write back and tell me how that feels.
You're more than good enough. What are you waiting
for? Trust me, get good slides made for jurying, you'll
get in. (that is, if you don't have good jury slides already!)
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen
Old March 28th 04, 12:49 AM
roxan

Well, while I agree with you there aren't any around here at this time of
year and I have a problem since I am the only working at this which makes it
hard to do by yourself.
Roxan

Old March 28th 04, 12:50 AM
roxan

Especially since this was a low end craft show. It pays to wear a really
great piece of jewelry which does attract a lot of attention.
Roxan

Old March 28th 04, 12:55 AM
roxan

Believe it or not I was turned down for a guild of craftsman show here. LOL,
But I later found out that since it was rained out last year they left
everyone that was there last year come back without having to jury, which
left only a few spaces for those of us who tried to get in this year. I just
got an invitation to do the Wing 'N Water festival in Stone Harbor, N.J. and
I am thinking of doing it, if I am juried in.

Old March 28th 04, 03:04 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:49:15 -0500, "roxan" wrote:

Well, while I agree with you there aren't any around here at this time of
year and I have a problem since I am the only working at this which makes it
hard to do by yourself.
Roxan

Tell me about it. I've been doing shows for over 15 yrs.
It gets harder every year. I do travel to other states when
necessary, tho not as far as I used to! And I've gotten
smarter about displays, etc. (how to look better and
set-up faster with lighter materials). Also, I budget for
the "down" season (since I'm not willing to drive to FL).
Since I'm particular about the caliber of shows that I
do, I can make enough to see me thru the slow times.
Plus, I'm making more off the internet than I used to,
which helps.
Your work is really beautiful. I hate to see you spending
your energy on shows where you can't make what you
are worth. It's all a trade-off tho.....

Old March 28th 04, 03:42 AM
roxan

I still have a full time job since I own my own hair dressing salon and it
takes a lot of time to do shows. I have learned to pack lighter and I don't
like to travel all that far either. I try to do one day shows not far from
home since it is expensive to stay in hotels. I think it would be a great
idea to start a thread on doing shows since it is getting into that time
again.

wrote:

[...]

Intro and Bead Show info Maria Perez-Bastian Beads 2 December 9th 03 02:10 PM
CRAFT SHOW NOTICE James and Karen Stewart Beads 0 October 27th 03 12:34 AM
OT My day at the Show with a little beady stuff. Lee S. Billings Beads 12 October 1st 03 12:44 PM
Air Show Steve & Susan Wright Beads 0 July 18th 03 01:49 PM
FS Aleenes Craft Club Magazine DMVTREK Beads 0 July 17th 03 07:06 PM