Tea Towels

Old May 22nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Tea Towels

I would like to stamp and embroider tea towels. Any ideas on where to
find this type of towel these days?

Your help will be appeciated!

Kathy

Old May 23rd 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

kassy wrote:
I would like to stamp and embroider tea towels. Any ideas on where to
find this type of towel these days?

Your help will be appeciated!

Kathy

William-Sonoma carries a variety of tea towels, some in all white, which
might suit your purposes. You might try Googling them.

I agree, it's hard these days to find this stuff. There's a tea towel I
like, but wouldn't embroider, that I just love because they really soak
up moisture. Wish I could think of the name they call them. It's
rather more flimsy than I think you are looking for. And rather large.

Dianne
Old May 23rd 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I've purchased these colorwork towels to use with Aunt Martha's transfer
patterns. Their service was fast and trouble free. No affiliation, just a
satisfied customer: http://www.allaboutblanks.com/Dishtowel-Colorwork.htm

Karen

ups.com...

Old May 23rd 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Check out whatever store carries Martha Stewart Everyday items--she had
some nice flour sack towels in that line, as well as some linen-y looking
ones with a striped border on the long sides. At least where I am, these
are cheaper than the ones sold in craft stores especially for embroidery,
and actually stand up to use.
Dawne

Old May 23rd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Dawne Peterson wrote:
Check out whatever store carries Martha Stewart Everyday items--she had
some nice flour sack towels in that line, as well as some linen-y looking
ones with a striped border on the long sides. At least where I am, these
are cheaper than the ones sold in craft stores especially for embroidery,
and actually stand up to use.
Dawne

Ahhh, flower sack towels. That's the word I was trying to come up with.
Those are rather soft for embroidery, in my opinion. But you are
right, they certainly are inexpensive. I love them for their absorbency.

Dianne
Old May 23rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I just love those embroidered flour sack dishtowels! Especially the
"days of the week" ones. I inherited my grandmother's much loved, much
used ones, and they did indeed stand up through time (even most of the
embroidery). I'm glad that transfers are still made for them (I like
to collect them), but it is hard to find "flour sack" towels that are
as good of a quality as the ones from my mother's and grandmother's
day. All the ones I find tend to shrink into wrinkly uneven squares
and aren't nearly as absorbent.

Jinx