New Bernina with stitch regulator

Old February 14th 05, 07:21 AM
Thimbleberry

I made a trip to my LQS this past Saturday for something else, but
couldn't pass up the chance to try out the 440... Boy, was it a dream!
I've only tried machine quilting a little bit at home (where my
stitches are definitely NOT uniform) and was really surprised at how
even my stitches were. The price with the embroidery module was $3200+
(can't remember exactly) but WITHOUT the it the price came down to
$2624.25. And, you can add the embroidery part later... Even though I
wasn't looking for a new machine, I think I found one! Now, I just
need to put myself on the waiting list...

Kristie

Valerie in FL wrote:
My local quilt shop emailed me about this model a couple of days ago.

I've
been trying to find out how much it is since then.

$3499.00? Waahhh! I guess I can stop chatting it up with DH. sigh

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

"Susan Torrens" wrote in message
I had a chance to try it at a local quilt show. It works really

well.
There are three different ways to use it, but for the show it was

set up
the
easiest way. Push a blue button on the front, and when you started

moving
the quilt sandwich, it started sewing. My biggest complaint is

that they
didn't make more room under the arm! They list for 3499.00.
"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
Has anyone tried the new Bernina with the stitch regulator? It is
suppose to be the same type of thing that is on the long arm

machines.
When you are doing free motion quilting the machine stitches the

same
length stitch regardless of the speed you are quilting. Does it

really
work?

When I get home from vacation I thought I would take a basted baby
quilt to the store selling the new Bernina's and give it a test

drive.
Has anyone done that yet?

Susan

Old February 15th 05, 11:10 PM
bdiane

What would happen if you leave the feed dogs up and use the free motion
? I played with tha today and it seems to be evenly stitched....

Old February 16th 05, 04:03 AM
Teresa in Colorado

If you leave the feed dogs up, the machine won't do anything except wait
patiently for you to put the feed dogs down.
the stitch regulator won't work with them up.
Please do not ask me how I know this! grin
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

oups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 03:37 PM
bdiane

No Teresa. I am talking about if you use the Bernina 153 with the free
motion foot. I noticed that if the feed dogs are up you can control
the length of the stitch even-ness better.

Old February 16th 05, 03:39 PM
bdiane

Will Bernina make an accessory for the 153QE that can be purchased?
The stitch regulator could fit other machines.

Old February 16th 05, 03:45 PM
Betty in Wi

In a MQ class I took, it was suggested you try setting the stitch length at
0 and leaving the feed dogs up. Some liked it better than lowering the feed
dogs.

Betty in WI

oups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 04:27 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Ah - sorry - wasn't paying attention.

I know some people who do that - they say they have better control over
their quilting.

I personally don't like fighting the feeddogs. They are going back and
forth - I go all directions.
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

oups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 04:29 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Sorry, there's stuff inside the machine too - not just in the BSR foot.
I would be surprised if they retrofitted it to the 153.
It is being discontinued. Sad - it's my favorite machine.
But, they don't call and ask me! :-)
--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot in Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado
www.thepresserfoot.com
-

oups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 04:30 PM
Teresa in Colorado

I hadn't thought of that - duh.
The 0 stitch length will prevent the forward motion of the feed dogs, but
they will still go up and down.
--

"Betty in Wi" wrote in message
In a MQ class I took, it was suggested you try setting the stitch length

at
0 and leaving the feed dogs up. Some liked it better than lowering the

feed
dogs.

Betty in WI

oups.com...

Old February 16th 05, 04:59 PM
bdiane

I watched for years for this machine --has everything I want--- and
when I finally found it last summer I bought it and now they
discontinue it ! I am shocked.
The 440 is well out of my price range. I don't know about the rest of
you ! This was a huge purchase for me at $2000.