Desperate for Dick and Jane

Old January 23rd 05, 08:23 PM
Michele

Default Desperate for Dick and Jane

Hi,. My name is Michele I am new to the group but have been sewing on and
off for about 30 years and need a lot of help.
After losing my house, sewing room and all of my fabric stash to an F4
tornado in July we have recently moved into our newly built home. Now I am
trying to reconstruct my sewing life. I had stashed enough Dick and Jane
flannel to make twin sized quilts for 8 grandchildren. It was in a container
in the attic and it is gone. I am heartsick. I have looked everywhere
online trying to find some with no success. You grandmas know what it means
to make a special quilt for your grandchildren. Does anyone know where I
might find some? Any help would be wonderful. May I say that from now on the
fabric stash on bolts will go in the basement.

Thanks and God Bless,
Michele

Old January 23rd 05, 08:36 PM
maryd

Hi Michele. Sorry to hear about your loss of home and stash. Wish I could
help you with your flannel search.

--
Mary
"Michele" wrote in message ...
: Hi,. My name is Michele I am new to the group but have been sewing on and
: off for about 30 years and need a lot of help.
: After losing my house, sewing room and all of my fabric stash to an F4
: tornado in July we have recently moved into our newly built home. Now I am
: trying to reconstruct my sewing life. I had stashed enough Dick and Jane
: flannel to make twin sized quilts for 8 grandchildren. It was in a
container
: in the attic and it is gone. I am heartsick. I have looked everywhere
: online trying to find some with no success. You grandmas know what it
means
: to make a special quilt for your grandchildren. Does anyone know where I
: might find some? Any help would be wonderful. May I say that from now on
the
: fabric stash on bolts will go in the basement.
:
: Thanks and God Bless,
: Michele
:
:
:
News==----
: http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
Newsgroups
: ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
=----

Old January 23rd 05, 08:50 PM
taria

Maybe on Ebay if you put a watch on it? Over time everything is
there at some point.
Taria

Old January 23rd 05, 09:37 PM
georg

Michele wrote:

May I say that from now on the
fabric stash on bolts will go in the basement.

With my luck, there'd be a flood in the basement next.

Hope you find what you are looking for. I don't know where to get that.

-georg
Old January 23rd 05, 10:23 PM
Donna A

Try posting to www.missingfabrics.com

--
Donna Aten, Coordinator
Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter

Old January 23rd 05, 10:46 PM
NanaV

So sorry to hear about your loss. The last place that I remember seeing
the Dick and Jane fabric was Hancock's of Paducah. I'm sorry I don't have
their current catalogue but you could try calling their customer service
(1-800-845-8723). I think at one time Keepsake Quilting also carried it but
I'm truly not sure.

Nana

Old January 23rd 05, 11:15 PM
Betty in Wi

I don't think you'll find it! It was pulled from the market shortly after it
came out because of a Copyright lawsuit by the company who produced the
original Dick and Jane books. It was a long story....don't remember it all.
But it seems someone bought the out of date copyright and stopped the fabric
company from producing or selling it. LQSs sold what they had on
hand.....but it was immediately pulled from the internet. I have a couple of
pieces---not whole yards that I managed to pick up and I'm waiting for the
perfect place to use them. I grew up reading Dick and Jane as I'm sure a lot
of the rest of you did.

Betty in WI

Old January 27th 05, 05:56 AM
Michele

Thanks for the update. I hope to find it and if not to be able to claim it
on my insurance as a collectable. That would help out a lot.

Michele