Singer steamer presser machine -- about 2 feet long

Old September 20th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
gwen

Default Singer steamer presser machine -- about 2 feet long

Does anyone know about this machine? I saw it at my DIL's, and she
said she used it when the kids were little, to press their pants.
Said I'm welcome to it. Is it good for tabletop use, to press those
1/4 inch seams when making blocks?
Gwen in SE PA

Old September 21st 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Isn't that what Eleanor Burns would use to press interfacing to her quilt
squares? I think I remember her using something like it (not sure which
brand) when she was making Sunbonnet Sue dolls and after she put the hands,
arms, feet, dress, bonnet onto the bottom of the ironing board (she used
something *plastic board? mat?* under the doll, slid it onto the ironing
base) she would steam press them until the machine beeped, slide them back
onto the mat and once they were cool they were all ready to be sewn onto the
background fabric.

I've always wished I would have had room for one.
IF you take it and you like it give me a holler and I'll tell Santa what I
would like for Christmas I'll MAKE room in the Butterfly Studio for it: )

Butterfly (not much help, sorry)

oups.com...

Old September 21st 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I've seen a sewing show on TV of one of these being used to press iron on
interfacing when someone was making blouses or skirts or something. Yes, I
think I also saw Eleanor Burns use one. I've always thought it would be
nice to have one.
Barbara in SC

Old September 21st 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

I would love to have the room for a press, but not for quilting. G At
least not for the seams of piecing. But they are good for fusible
applique and applying any fusible product. Or for a final pressing of
completed blocks before trimming. VBG

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old September 21st 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I've got one, but not a Singer and only use it for clothes, not for
quilting, although I have just pressed a pile of new-into-the-house
quilting fabrics, and it was good for that as they didn't stretch.

I use a travel iron by the machine when I am piecing and still have my
normal iron and ironing board for ironing bigger lumps of quilt. A Press
wouldnt get in there to iron seams precisely.

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

gwen wrote:
Does anyone know about this machine? I saw it at my DIL's, and she
said she used it when the kids were little, to press their pants.
Said I'm welcome to it. Is it good for tabletop use, to press those
1/4 inch seams when making blocks?
Gwen in SE PA

Presser feet for Viking frood Quilting 24 March 28th 06 05:04 PM
Presser Feet Scorpio Quilting 6 September 30th 05 03:30 AM
We manufacture looper,needle plate,presser foot,feed dog and other sewing machine parts jmzzc Marketplace 0 September 23rd 05 11:23 PM
Presser Feet melcald Sewing 5 February 21st 05 03:04 AM
Sewing machine feet for trade, Singer and others. Dr. Landerstein Marketplace 0 March 21st 04 04:52 PM