Ideas for a hug quilt that will be quick to piece and finish?

Old September 20th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Default Ideas for a hug quilt that will be quick to piece and finish?

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote in message
I don't know about a quilt-as-you-go method, but I did a large (almost
twin) lap hug quilt in 10 days, while working overtime at my regular job.
I used a Charm Star pattern but did not have time to make it a true charm
quilt. Also, I used a white with widely scattered mini-dots for the star
points, as that made places for signatures. It worked out very well.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

So, it is possible to whip out a lap-sized quilt in a relatively short
amount of time. Thanks for the "Charm Star" pattern idea!

- dlm. in central MA

Old September 21st 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

"IMS" / Irene wrote...
I'm working on one right now - it's a scrappy heart quilt, lap size,
which is going to be a wedding gift for a friend's daughter - the
wedding is the 29th! I have 12 more blocks to go and then can sash
them. I started working on it about a week and a half ago.

I'm using a paper pieced heart block, and, from when I started needed to
make 5-6 a night after dinner. I'll be ready to add sashing and
boarders on Saturday. I find this patter really easy and quick, but
have never done a quilt as you go so I'm not sure it would translate to
that method.

Irene - Thanks for the suggestion of making something that is PPed. This
quilt is for my father, so maybe I can find a relatively simple masculine
block that would look good with sashing.

- dlm. in central MA

Finished a crazy quilt piece Lisa Caryl Quilting 16 June 12th 05 06:43 PM
Quilt Festival visit #2: World Piece FurrsomeFoursome Quilting 0 May 28th 05 08:20 PM
quick quilt ideas CNYstitcher Quilting 25 August 21st 04 01:46 PM
quick ideas? CNYstitcher Quilting 1 February 25th 04 08:51 PM
Need advice to finish this quilt. nana2b Quilting 2 July 29th 03 06:33 PM