OTOTOT Canine Behavior

Old September 20th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Default OTOTOT Canine Behavior

Awwww, Yorkies are the best. Bravest hearts I ever saw. They have no idea
they are so tiny.

A friend of mine had two that she kept with her all day at her quilt shop.
She had a display bed in the shop that the dogs considered theirs. They had
to be lifted up and down off that bed. Jumping was just way too ordinary
for them. They'd bark until Rhonda or a customer noticed and did their
bidding.

Neither one of those dogs would eat unless you hand-fed them their food.
Now, yes, I suppose they wouldn't have let themselves starve to death, but
still. They want what they want.

Rhonda was driving home the couple of miles from her shop one evening and a
car ran an unmarked intersection and broadsided her. Rhonda suffered a
broken back and the loss of her two pups. It's been 5 years and she still
suffers, both physically and otherwise.

I look for those dogs every time I get over to her shop.

Cindy

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I've never met a Yorkie who would eat a bite unless he was assured that
someone wanted to take it away from him. If we leave Yogi with even a
puppy biscuit while we go shopping, he will wait until we return. He wags
that little tail and stands over the treat until challenged by one of us.
DD's Yorkie is just a wee bit different. George is a rescued Yorkie
and we don't know anything about his puppy days. He will not eat unless
words are spoken over his dish. It can be the simple blessing that little
children do - God is great, God is good - or you can recite the first
lines of the Declaration of Independence; no matter. George will not
touch his meal until the proper traditions are observed. Polly

Old September 20th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Cindy, how very sad. I'm so very sorry about your friend's accident and
loss. Isn't it about time Rhonda had a baby Yorkie to fill that emptiness?
Polly

"teleflora" wrote, in part Rhonda was driving home the couple of miles

Old September 20th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I got a second goldeny girl to keep Georgia company. Two are fun but
they each still have a lot of energy! Most goldens love to swim.
Mine won't go in the pool for anything. Georgia likes to go in her
small kiddy pool but they are chicken of the big pool. We don't run
them down here in the winter but water gets really cold so maybe it
is a good thing they do stay out of the real pool. I knew of a guy
with large labs that went in the pool every time they went outside.
I wish I had a small portion of the energy a JR has!
Taria

teleflora wrote:
They aren't really fussing, exactly. Fussing I would understand. It's the
teasing part that gets me. I never had a dog tease another dog.

I know that primates tease each other in play. I just never saw a dog do
it.

And you're right - they don't do this with any other treat. Anything else
and they both gobble them right up.

The key to having JR's is simple. Get two. They wear each other out instead
of you. Having a swimming pool helps too. I swear those dogs have used it
more than me.

Cindy

Old September 20th 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

He was clearly brought up to say 'Grace before meals'. What a little
love.

Though I find terriers amusing and appealing, I absolutely know I could
never live with one g Even to see a JR exhausts me!!
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 21st 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Actually, Polly, I think she got one! Someone told me that, but I haven't
seen it yet. I hope so.