Wonder Wallet

Old September 11th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default Wonder Wallet

Pati C. wrote:
There are shops that ship patterns with no shipping charge, I believe
Cotton Vault is one. (NAYY, there was just a thread shipping charges for
the patterns on Joan's Lazy Girls Forum/yahoo group.)

Thanks for the heads up on this Pati. They even have no shipping
charges for patterns mailed to overseas customers. That is good news
for us furinners. I have placed my order already

Lizzy
Old September 12th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

I do not have that pattern, but I do have a similar
leather coin purse to serve the same purpose. One thing
I like is that it has a small tab and a split ring for
a key. This ring is quite useful. I often attach it to
a carbiner (SP? ... clasp thingie) to secure the little
purse to a belt loop or in side my larger bag. You
could add this feature to your homemade purse too. PAT
in VA/USA

MB wrote:

Again there is a yahoo group for that designer ! If you join...do a
search for the wallet...
diff people tell how they interface it, etc., what worked and what didn't.
Lots of photos
for the patterns too. Mary in VT
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LazyGirlDesigns/

Old September 12th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Also, you can't make just one Wonder Wallet! By the time you've made 8 or
10 the price of the pattern per wallet is pretty cheap!

Donna in Idaho

"Pati C." wrote in message
it is a great little wallet. Took me about half an hour the first time I
made one. G
Please support the designers. VBG It takes a lot to get a pattern out
on the market. A lot of time, practice prototypes, $$$ to get the pattern
printed and packaged and marketed. It may seem like a lot for a pattern,
but the designer only makes a profit of a few cents on each one,
especially if they go through a distributor. (And I believe almost all of
Joan's go through a distributor.)
There are shops that ship patterns with no shipping charge, I believe
Cotton Vault is one. (NAYY, there was just a thread shipping charges for
the patterns on Joan's Lazy Girls Forum/yahoo group.)

Thanks,
Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Boca Jan wrote:
I have been reading about this wallet and it seems like everyone is
raving about it. The pattern is 10 years old, but is still a hot item.
Unfortunately you can't download the pattern but have to buy on line
which makes it $8.00 plus postage.

Has anyone made this wallet? Was it easy? Do you use it? Do you like it?
Have you used it as a gift and did your giftee like it????

If anyone has a pattern that is online and similar, could you please let
me know and send the line to my email?

Thank you!

Old September 12th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

I made a Wonder Wallet for my DDIL & added colored cording so she could wear
it over her shoulder. She really likes it. Some have added elastic so they
have a wrist wallet. There is no end to the different ways you can
personalize this wallet. Guess you can tell I love Wonder Wallets!

Donna in Idaho

Old September 12th 07, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Pati C. wrote:
There are shops that ship patterns with no shipping charge, I believe
Cotton Vault is one. (NAYY, there was just a thread shipping charges
for the patterns on Joan's Lazy Girls Forum/yahoo group.)

Thanks for the heads up on this Pati. They even have no shipping
charges for patterns mailed to overseas customers. That is good news
for us furinners. I have placed my order already

Lizzy

I've been looking for bag patterns having seen lots of people with
gorgeous bags at quilt shows, so I've bought one or two things. Cheaper
than going to my LQS who probably wouldn't have them anyway!

Now all I need is time - couldn't see a section to buy some of that!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk who was up until 2.00am
sandwiching the baby quilt!
Old September 12th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

If you eventually find it, Sally, could you please give me the link?
Thank you very much - I will of course reciprocate!

(I actually bought a bag pattern from Monkey Buttons at the NEC. I
haven't made a bag before - I know I could just have made it up, but I
liked the pattern and I know Mandy!!)
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
I've been looking for bag patterns having seen lots of people with
gorgeous bags at quilt shows, so I've bought one or two things. Cheaper
than going to my LQS who probably wouldn't have them anyway!

Now all I need is time - couldn't see a section to buy some of that!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 12th 07, 11:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

I have made the wallet, it's about 30 minutes and very little fabric to
make, it's very nice and I enjoy it. Haven't made one as a gift yet and I
haven't seen one that is similar. It's a nice, simple small wallet. The
price is worth the ease of instruction in Joan's patterns. I love the Lazy
Girl designs!

--
Debi

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
"Boca Jan" wrote in message
I have been reading about this wallet and it seems like everyone is raving
about it. The pattern is 10 years old, but is still a hot item.
Unfortunately you can't download the pattern but have to buy on line which
makes it $8.00 plus postage.

Has anyone made this wallet? Was it easy? Do you use it? Do you like it?
Have you used it as a gift and did your giftee like it????

If anyone has a pattern that is online and similar, could you please let
me know and send the line to my email?

Thank you!

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

Old September 12th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Patti wrote:
If you eventually find it, Sally, could you please give me the link?
Thank you very much - I will of course reciprocate!

(I actually bought a bag pattern from Monkey Buttons at the NEC. I
haven't made a bag before - I know I could just have made it up, but I
liked the pattern and I know Mandy!!)
.
In message , Sally Swindells
writes
I've been looking for bag patterns having seen lots of people with
gorgeous bags at quilt shows, so I've bought one or two things.
Cheaper than going to my LQS who probably wouldn't have them anyway!

Now all I need is time - couldn't see a section to buy some of that!

I have been looking for a new handbag for about 2 years! I thought the
Towne bag with all its compartments might be the solution. I really need
a suitcase!

I have actually got 3 books of bags - must like bag pictures!

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
Old September 12th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
judyanna

I never made one, but my favorite wallet right now is a Vera Bradley
I.D. case. It holds money, credit cards, with a window for I.D. I
don't do zippers, but other than that it doesn't seem that hard to
make. Check it out on that site or on ebay.

Judy from masachusetts

Old September 13th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

With all this chat about the "Wonder Wallet", I had to go to the Lazy
Girl website today and order it....... sounds like a great little gift,
especially since it's FQ friendly and only takes 1/2 an hour!! I really
do like Lazy Girl Designs, they're really fun, super easy to make, and
cute!

Patti in Seattle