Two setbacks (one OT, one beady)

Old March 10th 04, 03:12 AM
roxan

Default Two setbacks (one OT, one beady)

There is another alternative. Cover the copper sheet with that rub on
antiquing gold sheets that you get in a craft store. It will look like gold.
It comes in plastic sheets spray the cooper with an adhesive and then place
the sheet on the copper and rub it on. It is worth a try.
Roxan
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
First the beady stuff: I've been working with the Delicas on creating the
Egyptian cuff bracelet for my around the world project, and have run into

snag: I had bought copper Delicas and sheet metal, because I am not

wealthy
enough to afford gold.

The only problem (and it's a biggie) is that the copper looks like crap.

Not
minor crap, but "throw it away and deny that you ever had anything to do

with
it" crap. I have a bunch of silver lined light amber Delicas that I can

use
in place of gold, and I got a Thunderbird catalog yesterday. Plan B is to
re-do the bracelet in amber instead of copper, and buy a small sheet of
gold-filled metal to make the hieroglyphic. I wish I could afford the 24K
Delicas, but the project requires way too many of them, and between the
project, Bob (who dumps them over all the time) and Sophie (who eats

beads),
it's just not cost-effective.

The sucky thing is that I had a lot of money and time put into the project
thus far, and now, I get to start all over again. Yee-haw.
---------------------------------------
Now the non-beady stuff: I had an MRI of my back yesterday, as a follow

up
to the X-rays that show degenerative disk disease. My doc called me this
morning, and the MRI confirms degenerative disk disease, which is why I'm

in
such pain.

Since he knows how much I want more surgery, he's having me go to physical
therapy, "to give it a shot before we send you to the neurosurgeon."

I had a cruddy experience last year with physical therapy, and was afraid
that he'd send me to the same place. If that happened, I would have asked
for a different referral. But instead, he's sending me to a sports

medicine
therapist, even though I am the least athletic person I know. (I was a
maniac as a kid, but that was a looooong time ago)

I called the sports medicine people, who seemed really nice. I can

arrange
for my sessions to coincide with Bob dropping DD at school, so it won't be

hardship for him to take me back and forth. I also got a referral from the
health insurance people, so it won't cost me anything to go, which is a

nice
surprise. (I bet they want to avoid another bill like last year's spinal
fusion)

Between respiratory therapy, sports therapy and some kind of cognitive
therapy they want me to take so I can learn to deal with my limitations,

I'm
going to be the most therapized person on Earth. Frankly, I think I am
dealing quite well with my limitations, but maybe they want me to be happy
that I'm a lot less mobile than say, a rock. I'll go, regardless - maybe

can get some benefit from it.

Kathy N-V

Old March 10th 04, 03:14 AM
Debbie B

soft hugs and lots of good thoughts & prayers

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old March 10th 04, 06:24 AM
Dr. Sooz

I had a cruddy experience last year with physical therapy, and was afraid
that he'd send me to the same place. If that happened, I would have asked
for a different referral. But instead, he's sending me to a sports medicine
therapist, even though I am the least athletic person I know.

Oh thank god! Plus -- sports medicine is totally cutting edge. They will be
so much better than *any* PT joint anywhere.

Prayers for you.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 10th 04, 03:49 PM
Pam

sorry you have to start your project over. Wondering if brass would work
instead of copper?

about the DDD - my husband has that -he's had back surgery and then had more
disk problems 10 years later on the disks surrounding the surgery site.
Surgeon said this time it would be fusing... and that did not sound fun so
he decided to try everything else first and started with acupuncture and a
new pillow (his disk problems are in the neck area) - and he's practically
good as new again. I imagine he will always have to be careful of his back,
but for now, he's doing almost everything he ever did. Just a thought.

Hope PT goes better for you this time and sending out healing thoughts and
energies.

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - handcrafted jewelry and bead art

Old March 10th 04, 09:01 PM
Marisa Cappetta

Jeez, Kathy, you've been through so much. I'm going to give Pilates a try
for my back. I suffer the tortures of the damned, especially at night.

I hope the pt works better this time around

As for the copper, have you thought about gold leaf on the copper? Just a
thought

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

OT (Crafty, but not Beady) Ribbon Campaigns PaulaGarlic Beads 3 February 11th 04 10:38 PM
AD: Beki's Beady Auctions DreamBeadr Beads 0 January 6th 04 05:44 AM
AD: Beady Auctions DreamBeadr Beads 4 December 30th 03 06:51 PM
Kathy's Beady Auctions DreamBeadr Beads 0 December 17th 03 05:14 PM
Beady Pictures Kyla Beads 25 November 25th 03 05:18 PM