So glad to see more posts

Old September 26th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default So glad to see more posts

My post about "no posts" generated responses from many of you. Glad to
see I am not alone. October is the month when I give away the charity
quilts made throughout the year. The problem is much of September must
be spent binding the quilts. I love to piece tops. Quilting is done by
someone else on a long arm machine but that final boring task of
binding is up to me. When working on my own quilts or one for a gift I
usually enjoy the relaxing hand sewing of binding. With twenty charity
quilts to finish they must be bound on the machine. The gal who does
the long arm work gives them back ten at a time. I should have started
the first batch as soon as she returned them. It is like
exercising---once I start stitching it isn't so bad, being motivated
to start is the problem. Seven are bound. If I turn off this computer
another would be finished before dinner. Once the quilts are bound I
can start a quilt for my granddaughter who is expected in December.
That is motivation to finish the bindings.
Old September 27th 12, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Congratulations on the new baby. Only one quilt?! I did a small cot
sized one and a larger one to go on the floor for kicking time. I had a
request for another small sized one but without batting and with a
fleecy backing, so I did two (not minky but the fabric fleece jackets
are made of). On our last visit DDinL raved about them so I am doing
another two as they are so easy and quilt like a dream. One is for the
normal buggy and the other for the special buggy with larger thinner
wheels and extra springing so Reuben can accompany them on runs (they
are both keen runners). Modern baby equipment is another world to me!

I have just bought a panel of roads and railway tracks - looking ahead
as he is only 3 months. I am enjoying being a Granny, it really is
special and there is a never-ending list of things you can make for
little people!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old September 27th 12, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Wow! You should get the finisher award when you get through the bindings
on all those quilts. We'll be your cheerleaders if you need us to.
Taria

Old September 27th 12, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart[_2_]

Checking in here too. I am ashamed to say that although I lurk every day
I do not post much.

Like Sally, I am now a granny too (4 weeks ago today) so there have been
baby quilts in my life, although not a lot of others recently. However,
I am taking myself off to a quilt retreat (with classes) next Friday
through Sunday.

Otherwise life continues and RCTQ brightens my day most mornings!!

Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Old September 27th 12, 10:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh Tutu - you're a granny! How lovely for you. I hope you have lots of
special times. No doubt you have lots of quilty plans, too...
..
In message , Tutu Haynes-Smart
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old September 27th 12, 10:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Congratulations to you too, Tutu. I find that every time I intend to sew
something non-Reuben I get side-tracked back!

Old September 27th 12, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Go Susan! You know, maybe a lot of us have just switched off the
computer for this very reason :-)
Roberta in D

Old September 27th 12, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Congrats Tutu! Have we seen a photo of the baby quilt? I think not!
Roberta in D

Old September 27th 12, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart[_2_]

Yes I shall. Two classes totally out of my comfort zone, so I shall
probably end up with "samples" as opposed to some that I know who always
finish their class work in exemplary fashion......

Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

On 27/09/2012 16:37, Sandy Foster wrote:
In article ,
Tutu Haynes-Smart wrote:

Checking in here too. I am ashamed to say that although I lurk every day
I do not post much.

Like Sally, I am now a granny too (4 weeks ago today) so there have been
baby quilts in my life, although not a lot of others recently. However,
I am taking myself off to a quilt retreat (with classes) next Friday
through Sunday.

Otherwise life continues and RCTQ brightens my day most mornings!!

Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Congratulations on the grandbaby, Tutu! It's good to hear from you,
and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your retreat. Will you let us know what
it was like when you return?

OT - I will be glad Karen, Queen of Squishies[_2_] Quilting 11 September 26th 09 05:29 AM
glad help njk Needlework 3 February 20th 09 04:20 PM
Hello Everyone-So Glad I Found You!!! Andie Straus Yarn 6 November 29th 06 09:31 PM
Angel Be Glad [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 30th 06 10:55 PM
glad I'm a slob (OT) lisa skeen Quilting 7 February 4th 06 01:01 AM