ON topic - so much for my plans for the day

Old January 26th 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default ON topic - so much for my plans for the day

Well, my plan should have been taking effect right about now - a cup of
tea to warm up, clean out the kitchen sinks to a fare-thee-well and wash my
finish. Sweep up the floor and set up the ironing board to press it.

Then I was going to get the sewing machine set up and attach some trim to a
finish and make the pillow. And maybe make DD the new helmet bag she wants.
And some other random sewing/mending. And lunch with my neighbor while we
watch the remake of "The Women". Candice Bergen is in it - I love her
acting, so it should be good.

Instead - I have a sick teenager who needs to be force feed fluids and made
better enough to make it through a week of finals. Oh and he has a game on
Wednesday that he doesn't want to miss.

So - what will I manage to accomplish today? Minimal housework, maybe a
little quiet stitching and we'll see from there.

Cheryl

Old January 26th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jan 26, 8:33*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

Cheryl,

I want to be there to see you do this: Sweep up the floor and set up
the ironing board to press it.
I've never seen anyone iron the floor before...

Running for cover,
Donna in Virginia

Old January 26th 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/26/09 8:44 AM, in article
, "Donna"
wrote:

[...]

Snort - missed that one. But seriously, the vinyl could use pressing in a
few spots!

Cheryl

Old January 26th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

So - what will I manage to accomplish today? Minimal housework, maybe a
little quiet stitching and we'll see from there.

Cheryl

Oh dear. The joys of motherhood. Much sympathy coming your way.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old January 26th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/26/09 11:49 AM, in article ,
"Olwyn.Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

So - what will I manage to accomplish today? Minimal housework, maybe a
little quiet stitching and we'll see from there.

Cheryl

Oh dear. The joys of motherhood. Much sympathy coming your way.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Well, it's noon and he's still asleep.

He's in a bad way, but I want him better for mid-terms

Old January 26th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 1/26/09 11:49 AM, in article ,
"Olwyn.Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

So - what will I manage to accomplish today? Minimal housework, maybe a
little quiet stitching and we'll see from there.

Cheryl

Oh dear. The joys of motherhood. Much sympathy coming your way.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Well, it's noon and he's still asleep.

He's in a bad way, but I want him better for mid-terms

What an awful time to be sick. I do hope he recovers soon and things get
back to normal.

Old January 26th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

So - what will I manage to accomplish today? Minimal housework, maybe a
little quiet stitching and we'll see from there.

Cheryl

Oh dear. The joys of motherhood. Much sympathy coming your way.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Well, it's noon and he's still asleep.

He's in a bad way, but I want him better for mid-terms

What an awful time to be sick. I do hope he recovers soon and things get
back to normal.

Well, he's up and he's hungry, so things are looking good. Of course, just
to complicate things for mid-term week, there is snow - 6+ inches forecast
for Wednesday.

Cheryl