Send me strength

Old January 7th 09, 10:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Send me strength

It's been two days since the kids had basically three weeks off from school.
And it's snow day again here in NH. It's 5:28 AM and there are 248 closing
and delays. Thank goodness while I was out yesterday, I got milk and bread.

And a new bottle of Tylenol.

Old January 7th 09, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/7/09 6:43 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/7/09 5:55 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 05:29:49 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

It's been two days since the kids had basically three weeks off from
school.
And it's snow day again here in NH. It's 5:28 AM and there are 248 closing
and delays. Thank goodness while I was out yesterday, I got milk and bread.

And a new bottle of Tylenol.

Damn they are forecasting snow followed by freezing rain today - I was
inclined to ignore it, but reading that, I guess it is coming. Sucks.

Sucks and sucks big time. I was hoping for a day I could really get stuff
done and maybe a bag or three to the thrift shop. Well, the basement stuff
must get done today no matter what ( I have a leak and have someone coming
tomorrow to do an estimate). I've got some reading and other things done
already. Just have to get the hubby out the door and I'll change into sweats
and stuff to move the table etc in to give the nice repair guy room to
move.

And a few loads of laundry done.

Cheryl

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! the first few flights out to Chicago have been
canceled. Don't let me be stuck here. Bobbie V.

There's always tomorrow. It would be worse to be stuck in O'Hare.... Trust
me, while it is nice enough for an airport, being weather stranded really is
no fun.

Old January 7th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/7/09 6:43 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/7/09 5:55 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

Just check arrivals, Plane for my gate is coming from Orlando and is
EARLY! If the plane is at the gate SW flies. I'm going to Midway in
Chicago. and I have a 2.5 hour window before my next flight. CA here I
go! Bobbie V.
Old January 7th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/7/09 6:59 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/7/09 6:43 AM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/7/09 5:55 AM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

[...]

Just tried Bobbie's cell. She should be at the airport by now and I'll watch
for her flight to take off.

Cheryl

Old January 7th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It's been two days since the kids had basically three weeks off from school.
And it's snow day again here in NH. It's 5:28 AM and there are 248 closing
and delays. Thank goodness while I was out yesterday, I got milk and bread.

And a new bottle of Tylenol.

That's why I'm glad I'm retired.

All the school buses in the county (and most of the neighbouring
counties) have been canceled (although the schools are still open); the
cops are warning of freezing rain to come this afternoon on top of the
snow we have already, and more snow before it stops. Total snow is to
be between 15 and 20 cm (6-8 inches).

MargW
Old January 7th 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It's been two days since the kids had basically three weeks off from school.
And it's snow day again here in NH. It's 5:28 AM and there are 248 closing
and delays. Thank goodness while I was out yesterday, I got milk and bread.

And a new bottle of Tylenol.

My heart goes out to you!! There can be such a thing as "too much" kids!
I remember one year in Maryland when it seemed as if it was one snow day
after another...and "Mom, I'm bored".

Old January 7th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Gillian Murray wrote:
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
It's been two days since the kids had basically three weeks off from
school.
And it's snow day again here in NH. It's 5:28 AM and there are 248
closing
and delays. Thank goodness while I was out yesterday, I got milk and
bread.

And a new bottle of Tylenol.

My heart goes out to you!! There can be such a thing as "too much" kids!
I remember one year in Maryland when it seemed as if it was one snow day
after another...and "Mom, I'm bored".

In 1994, IIRC, was the year of freezing rain - seemingly every other
day. There were *16* snow days in Jan/Feb. It was awful.

sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music

Knots and rope strength [email protected] Knots 2 December 20th 04 06:41 AM
Sculpey strength? Polymer Clay 13 August 27th 04 11:40 PM
OT - prayers for strength Shirley Shone Beads 10 July 15th 04 08:11 AM
OT-strength for one of us. nzl* Quilting 23 February 21st 04 05:20 AM
Bowline strength [email protected] Knots 2 September 2nd 03 08:32 PM