Decisions, Decisions? Decisions=;)

Old January 4th 09, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Default Decisions, Decisions? Decisions=;)

I leave Wednesday to fly to San Diego. I will be staying until February
24th. It is expected that I will help with DGS Kaito and get to snuggle
DGS little Rikuto (once he decides to make his appearance). I hope to
have free time to myself and I'm planning what to take, what to ship,
and what to pack.

This is very needlework involved. For the flight, I will taking my LB's
"Sweet Melissa" basket wrap. I figure I can do the eyelets and woven
spider wraps and take only my needle threader/cutter on the plane. In my
luggage, I can pack a nearly finished SG-D's "Needlework Tool Roll-up"
or the "Baby Boxette", or the nearly finished Nutmeg Co. miniatures "The
Church". I also need to decide if I want to take a new project.

Although I am dying to start MC's "Taj Mahal" mandala, I fear it has too
many threads, beads, etc that Kaito can get into (he's nearly 3).
Another option is MLI's "Santa of the Forest", but I'm doing it over one
and would need to pack a magnifier. I also have Twisted Oaks "Honor Thy
Needle" pyramid etui kitted, and MP's "Pots of Love" which is in my
floor stand, but can be removed, or pull and kit ornaments that I have
in my stash.

I will bring one book on the plane and ship another with all the gifts
that my sisters and family have for the new baby.

I have finished a pullover (jumper) sweater and matching hat set for
Kaito. That will go in to my packed luggage. I have mounted 2 of Ayako's
needlework pieces, one of them large enough that it might get bent in my
luggage so I will get a dress box from work to ship them. Georgette
bought Ayako a DMC thread Collection and I have a different one that I
bought for her. I do plan to pack or ship my Handi-clamp.

I'm familiar with the San Diego area and would love to meet with any one
else in the area.

Yours in stitches Bobbie V.
Old January 4th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Queencityxstitcher wrote:
I leave Wednesday to fly to San Diego. I will be staying until February
24th. ......snipped.....
Another option is MLI's "Santa of the Forest", but I'm doing it over one
and would need to pack a magnifier.....snipped......
I'm familiar with the San Diego area and would love to meet with any one
else in the area.

Yours in stitches Bobbie V.

Bobbie -- don't you have a Mag-Eyes? They are truly the BEST thing
for traveling and come with 2 different strength lenses to accommodate
all levels of magnifying! You could then take your Santa of the Forest
and have no problem stitching over 1! They are a wonderful investment
for anyone who either travels a lot or just takes their stitching to
places away from home. I couldn't live without mine and really love
them -- even tho' they do make you look a bit like a Martian -- LOLOL!
You can get them at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's -- prices are similar, within
a dollar or two $28 or so. I know that they are available from JoAnn's
online as a quilting friend in Lizard Land just ordered them for
herself. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old January 5th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/4/09 12:29 PM, in article ,
"Queencityxstitcher" wrote:

I leave Wednesday to fly to San Diego. I will be staying until February
24th. It is expected that I will help with DGS Kaito and get to snuggle
DGS little Rikuto (once he decides to make his appearance). I hope to
have free time to myself and I'm planning what to take, what to ship,
and what to pack.

Well, guess I won't see you until March unless you can do tea on Tuesday!
LOL - hugs to all out there

This is very needlework involved. For the flight, I will taking my LB's
"Sweet Melissa" basket wrap. I figure I can do the eyelets and woven
spider wraps and take only my needle threader/cutter on the plane. In my
luggage, I can pack a nearly finished SG-D's "Needlework Tool Roll-up"

SG-D?
or the "Baby Boxette", or the nearly finished Nutmeg Co. miniatures "The
Church". I also need to decide if I want to take a new project.

Although I am dying to start MC's "Taj Mahal" mandala, I fear it has too
many threads, beads, etc that Kaito can get into (he's nearly 3).
Another option is MLI's "Santa of the Forest", but I'm doing it over one
and would need to pack a magnifier. I also have Twisted Oaks "Honor Thy
Needle" pyramid etui kitted, and MP's "Pots of Love" which is in my
floor stand, but can be removed, or pull and kit ornaments that I have
in my stash.

Oh - bring Pots of Love, I'm dying to get my hands on that chart.

But honestly, I thing you're over thinking this. I'd bring 3, maybe 4,
little projects because you're going to be busy. How much stitching did you
really do when they were in NH?

I will bring one book on the plane and ship another with all the gifts
that my sisters and family have for the new baby.

Which books to bring - that is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

I have finished a pullover (jumper) sweater and matching hat set for
Kaito. That will go in to my packed luggage. I have mounted 2 of Ayako's
needlework pieces, one of them large enough that it might get bent in my
luggage so I will get a dress box from work to ship them. Georgette
bought Ayako a DMC thread Collection and I have a different one that I
bought for her. I do plan to pack or ship my Handi-clamp.

I'm familiar with the San Diego area and would love to meet with any one
else in the area.

Enjoy the warm weather.

Cheryl

Old January 5th 09, 12:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Well, guess I won't see you until March unless you can do tea on Tuesday!
LOL - hugs to all out there

Tea on Tuesday I can Do. Mom is having her hip surgery so I'll want to
be close to the phone.
This is very needlework involved. For the flight, I will taking my LB's
"Sweet Melissa" basket wrap. I figure I can do the eyelets and woven
spider wraps and take only my needle threader/cutter on the plane. In my
luggage, I can pack a nearly finished SG-D's "Needlework Tool Roll-up"

SG-D?

Susan Greening Davis
or the "Baby Boxette", or the nearly finished Nutmeg Co. miniatures "The
Church". I also need to decide if I want to take a new project.

Oh - bring Pots of Love, I'm dying to get my hands on that chart.

But honestly, I thing you're over thinking this. I'd bring 3, maybe 4,
little projects because you're going to be busy. How much stitching did you
really do when they were in NH?

Actually I knitted 2 baby sweater sets while they were here and I worked
on "Noah's Ark".
I will bring one book on the plane and ship another with all the gifts
that my sisters and family have for the new baby.

Which books to bring - that is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

You can help me choose on Tuesday. I can give you There be Dragons by
Sharon Penmen.
I have finished a pullover (jumper) sweater and matching hat set for
Kaito. That will go in to my packed luggage. I have mounted 2 of Ayako's
needlework pieces, one of them large enough that it might get bent in my
luggage so I will get a dress box from work to ship them.

Which I can show you before I ship them.

Bobbie V.