Stitching-related post

Old December 31st 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default Stitching-related post

Thanks to Felice, who reminded us there have been few stitchy posts
recently, and in the spirit of a New Year coming, I hereby submit the
following enabling question:

What new design(s) have you recently seen/purchased? Please include
links!

Joan
Old December 31st 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

"Joan E." wrote in message
Thanks to Felice, who reminded us there have been few stitchy posts
recently, and in the spirit of a New Year coming, I hereby submit the
following enabling question:

What new design(s) have you recently seen/purchased? Please include
links!

Joan

In that case, Joan, the vey least I can do is be the first to answer.

I've rediscovered blackwork. The first project this time around was the
Wyndham Needleworks logo, "The Lady", designed by Sharon Cohen of the
Nostalgic Needle. It's for my sewing corner, needless (needles?) to say.
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/
http://www.nostalgicneedledesigns.com/

The second is a fuchsia, my favorite flower, which I did in fuchsia, purple
and dark green silk. It is from X-Calibre Designs in England, which has some
lovely blackwork projects as well as a nice selection of other work.
http://www.x-calibredesigns.co.uk

Here's to another year of stitchery!

Felice

Old December 31st 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Felice wrote:
I've rediscovered blackwork. The first project this time around was the
Wyndham Needleworks logo, "The Lady", designed by Sharon Cohen of the
Nostalgic Needle. It's for my sewing corner, needless (needles?) to say.
http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/
http://www.nostalgicneedledesigns.com/

The second is a fuchsia, my favorite flower, which I did in fuchsia, purple
and dark green silk. It is from X-Calibre Designs in England, which has some
lovely blackwork projects as well as a nice selection of other work.
http://www.x-calibredesigns.co.uk

Here's to another year of stitchery!

Felice

Maureen loves blackwork, particularly the designs from medieval
tombstones. She finds it makes a refreshing change from cross-stitch
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old December 31st 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Felice

wrote in message ...
Felice wrote:
[...]

Aaah! Medieval tombstones would make lovely blackwork, but I've never seen
any. Does Maureen have a source, or does she (gasp!) design her own?

Felice

Old December 31st 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Ooh, I like the water lily!

As I posted under gifts, I've got Laura Perin's Amethyst Dreams and a
handpainted beach-y canvas from Sign of the Arrow, a needlepoint shop
in St. Louis. Never seen any of their stuff online though. . .

Also been collecting some line art - anyone looked at
urbanthreads.com? Love their stuff!

Since we no longer have an LNS, I have to depend on the internet to
spot new stuff. One thing that is a good source is craftgossip.com -
links to freebies, independent designers, blogs, etc. Not just
needlework, also glass making, edible crafts, polymer clay, jewelry,
sewing and scrapbooking.

Linda

Old December 31st 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote in message ...
Maureen loves blackwork, particularly the designs from medieval
tombstones. She finds it makes a refreshing change from cross-stitch

Aaah! Medieval tombstones would make lovely blackwork, but I've never seen
any. Does Maureen have a source, or does she (gasp!) design her own?

Felice

Maureen is a staunch Ricardian but doesn't design her own I'm afraid.
She uses websites such as this one
http://www.needlework-tips-and-techniques.com/blackwork-kits.html
Old December 31st 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote in message
Maureen loves blackwork, particularly the designs from medieval
tombstones. She finds it makes a refreshing change from cross-stitch

Aaah! Medieval tombstones would make lovely blackwork, but I've never
seen any. Does Maureen have a source, or does she (gasp!) design her own?

Felice

Maureen is a staunch Ricardian but doesn't design her own I'm afraid.
She uses websites such as this one
http://www.needlework-tips-and-techniques.com/blackwork-kits.html

As a follow-up I took some quick snaps and put them into an album
http://www.stronsay.co.uk/claremont/stitches
My photography doesn't do justice to Maureen's needlework
Old December 31st 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Joan E. wrote:

What new design(s) have you recently seen/purchased? Please include
links!

Old design -- Michaels is clearancing some OOP Bucilla kits. I'm
working on BFF, and acquired "Spoiled Rotten" in the same shopping trip.
Do you think my niece will be humored or offended by it?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

http://my2.tupperware.com/KMCampbell

"On his tombstone, Benjamin Franklin wanted it said not that he had been
rich
but rather that he had been useful."

Finished 12/14/08 - GMTA/Great Minds Think Alike (Bucilla)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old December 31st 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Joan E. wrote:
Thanks to Felice, who reminded us there have been few stitchy posts
recently, and in the spirit of a New Year coming, I hereby submit the
following enabling question:

What new design(s) have you recently seen/purchased? Please include
links!

I saw, I purchased, I have not yet stitched...

(we should translate that into Latin for a sampler!)

I plan to start Blue Ribbon Design's "Alphabet Zoo" soon for a baby
gift. I think I'll do the child's name, selecting just those letters.
Some of the letters are half-sized, so I'll do them smaller and use the
space underneath (align the tops) to put in details, such as DOB, etc.

http://www.crossstitchplus.net/d-BlueRibbon.html

I haven't decided yet what color to do it in. I'm leaning toward a
teal-ish blue, maybe DMC 930? (not silks...too expensive). I have some
40-count linen that it will look lovely on.

Also bought some cotton yarn for an afghan that I plan to start soon for
a friend's daughter who just bought her first condo. What do you know? I
found a photo online:

http://www.yarncollection.com/produc...spx?sku=200245

(Dang! The yarn I bought cost four times that!)
Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old December 31st 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Joan E. wrote:
Thanks to Felice, who reminded us there have been few stitchy posts
recently, and in the spirit of a New Year coming, I hereby submit the
following enabling question:

What new design(s) have you recently seen/purchased? Please include
links!

Joan

I started Teddy Bear Gathering and have nearly finished:
http://www.dimensions-crafts.com/pro...idproduct=3182

I also have a table cloth set more than half done:
Can't find a link, but it's Bucilla "Netherlands Bouquet" Table cloth
plus the napkins, last touched 5 years ago. Somebody spank me!

Tons of knitting projects.
And tons of boxes still not unpacked and sorted from the various moves
I've done.

Catherine

Help from the historical reenactment folks - stitching related -lucet Cheryl Isaak Needlework 30 July 2nd 07 02:49 PM
re-post: quick post, a MUST-Have book for Knitters YarnWright Yarn 0 April 3rd 07 09:48 PM
Stitching related post-webshots update [email protected] Needlework 2 September 27th 05 10:32 PM
Fiber related (maybe) Anna MCM Yarn 3 September 9th 05 02:46 AM
Dr. Who - craft-related Plunderworks Needlework 0 July 24th 03 08:59 PM