Donating quilts to East Coast

Old October 31st 12, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default Donating quilts to East Coast

Has anyone heard of an organization collecting quilts for the East
Coast? If anyone hears of a reliable collection and distribution group
please post the information. I have quilts ready to send but want to
make sure they get to people who need the encouragement.

Old October 31st 12, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I am eager to hug too but it must be done carefully. A painful memory from
Katrina is the truckloads of contributions that were shipped here - only to
be dumped in church parking lots. There was nobody to receive and distribute
so much was rained on and trashed. Let's watch the churches and civic
organizations to see who is stepping up. Polly

Old November 4th 12, 09:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

They are organizing a collection/distribution of 5000 quilts. Details
are sketchy but can be found he

http://www.equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc...iltrelief.html

Updates will be posted to the same spot.

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:31:50 -0500, Sandy E wrote:

Howdy!
Yep; eQuilter is planning to plan:

http://tinyurl.com/cqum5gu

Ragmop/Sandy

On 10/30/12 8:37 PM, in article
, "Ginger in CA"
wrote:

I won't be surprised if eQuilter has some ideas. They did quilt collections
last year for Japan.

Ginger in CA

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:59:05 PM UTC-7, Susan Laity Price wrote:
Has anyone heard of an organization collecting quilts for the East

Coast? If anyone hears of a reliable collection and distribution group

please post the information. I have quilts ready to send but want to

make sure they get to people who need the encouragement.

OT- Winter has returned to the East Coast Patti Beads 6 February 14th 06 08:42 AM
East coast quilters Laura Gilbert Quilting 5 January 8th 04 07:34 PM
East coast quilters AliceW Quilting 1 November 4th 03 02:57 AM
Calling all east coast quilters! AliceW Quilting 23 October 27th 03 12:06 PM
*Isabel* TO: East coast friends!!! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 31 September 28th 03 06:26 PM