Best of Show

Old October 31st 12, 05:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Best of Show

Heck. It's easy to win Best of Show when you are the only entry. Back in
September, I told you that I'd made my first/maybe last wallhanging
celebrating my new eyes. We left it at the dr's office and never heard a
word. No phone call. No thank you note. Nothing.
Today, I was sitting in the waiting room of the eye surgeon's office and
saw a couple register and stop beside the reception area. They walked over
to MY quilt, read the message and had to touch the quilt. MY quilt. Mine!
Since it had been more than a month and since I was very timid about
even giving the quilt to the clinic I'd rather assumed that they had given
it to the cat. ( Not a bad thing, I dearly love QIs.)
The 'new eyes' wallhanging is displayed between the portraits of the
doctors, under the name of the clinic and center front of the spotlights. I
had only hoped that one or two of the nurses would understand the quilt and
hang it in their breakroom.
Celebrate with me. Polly

Old October 31st 12, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Den 31-10-2012 06:00, Polly Esther skrev:
[...]

Polly, that is so cool! Congratulations.

I think you should assume that the glowing thankyou letter got lost in
the shuffle - for sure they meant to send one :-)

Hanne in DK
Old October 31st 12, 08:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

That's lovely, Polly. I'm so glad the quilt has had the reception it
deserves. Can you remember what the message said?

Now you have seen for yourself how much it is appreciated (though I
think someone should have contacted you - maybe it was one of those
cases when 'everyone had thought someone else would write!).

I'm really pleased for you.
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old October 31st 12, 11:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Well OK, somebody should have written a note. But they obviously
treasure it! and it's already helping others. Congratulations!
Roberta in D

Old October 31st 12, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

How nice that your quilt was appreciated.

Now to figure out how to offer a course on manners to that office and
thier staff...

Old October 31st 12, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is so nice to hear. It is always great to know your work is
appreciated.
Wonder why nobody got to the thank you yet?
Taria

Old November 1st 12, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_2_]

Just a thought about the lack of a polite thank you note. When I was
working and gifts were sent or brought to the office (usually during the
holidays), it was my responsibility to make sure a written thank you note
was in the mail within a few days. I had an employee that could write a
glowing thank you note about a bag of peanuts, so each year, she was given
the task of writing the thank you notes. If I hadn't had her, certainly the
notes would have been written, but not quite as beautifully as she did.

Pauline
Northern California

Old November 1st 12, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

I'm sure I'll be hung for this but here goes....

The quilt was a "thank you" Generally thank you notes aren't written
for thank you's. Because it was a "thank you" gift, a note would be
appropriate, but I can see how the office might miss the opportunity to
send a note.

I think the best "thank you" is that they gave the quilt such a
wonderful place of honor in the office where others could enjoy it too.

marcella

Old November 1st 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Ah yes. So true. I think why I'm so excited is that the quilt is understood.
We know quilts can say love and hug. Delighted that one can say "new eyes
for old quilters" . Possibly even in any language. Polly

"Louise in Iowa" wrote in message I hadn't thought about it that way,
Marcella. You're right, I don't
generally write a "thank you" for a "thank you." And since (if I remember
correctly) Polly physically took the quilt to the office, there was really
no need to acknowledge its receipt, as there might have been if she'd sent
it.

I think the honor of having the quilt hung in such a prominent place is
just about the best thank you anyone could receive.

Louise in Iowa

Old November 1st 12, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, you are right Marcella. Where have you been hiding? We need
you here keeping us thinking straight!
Taria

New Show KJ Quilting 10 December 2nd 06 10:51 PM
Show Guide for the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally/NEC Penny Gaines Yarn 0 September 12th 06 04:02 PM
Come to the Show Anna Belle Quilting 2 April 11th 06 05:11 PM
show & tell KDK Beads 7 March 15th 04 06:04 PM
Show & Tell KDK Beads 1 March 6th 04 05:36 PM