Trish! Another bull terrier!

Old January 23rd 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Trish! Another bull terrier!

On 1/22/09 9:10 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

Usually, he gets to do the leading on the way back as Alice is exhausted
by then.

Your story made me smile and remember a dog we used to have - Judy, a
beautiful springer spaniel.

One year, my dh took her with him to Idaho to go mountain climbing and
camping. On the next to last day, the weather was turning so he
decided to make it all the way out that day instead of in two. Judy,
being a dog who thought with her nose, of course wandered from one
side to another and up and down the trail, off here, off there, having
a great time - for the first seven miles. Those were seven miles for
Mark of course and probably 15 for Judy! The last three, she stuck
close to dh. He found a motel that took dogs and stayed the night.
Poor Judy was so worn out, she laid on the floor and wouldn't move.
Had to be physically picked up and taken outside to go potty before
bed - So worn out dh almost decided to find an emergency vet, but he
decided to wait until morning. Fortunately, it was just exhaustion.
The next morning, she bounded out, ready to go again!

Linda

Sounding very Springer-ish! We really look forward to those days when
Puckster gets to do a lot of activity. In the good weather, he goes
roller-blading with DH. DH - who is a fine skater, and not a small guy -
actually has Puckster wanting to run, pulling him, it's a hoot to watch as
the 60# springer is running with his 200# dad behind. But, we've seen that
"collapse should we call the vet" a few times, mostly at the old house when
we had big parties and the dog was swimming, jumping in and out, and
fetching all day. Then he'd just collapse - barely do his last out for the
night, and sleep soundly - often involving snoring, and doggy dreams with
paws shuffling, whuffling.

I think he's getting a play-date with his pal Lamma today (the husky mix)
and his devoted girlfriend. So that will be good.

Ellice

Old January 23rd 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/22/09 10:28 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

On Jan 22, 8:58*am, "Joan E." wrote:
On Jan 21, 5:12*pm, Trish Brown wrote:

lewmew wrote:
http://xs-collectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=468
Sadly, with all those confetti greys, I doubt
it's one I'd ever stitch

Y'don't *have* to do all the confetti stitches, y'know! * Just trying
to help.

Joan

Isn't that what overdyes were invented for?

My thinking precisely. And the perfect dyed fabric.

Ellice

Old January 23rd 09, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/23/09 10:33 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 1/22/09 9:10 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

[...]

Well, if I ever get down there with DD, we'll bring her rollerblades and
they can romp

Cheryl