Stitching-related post

Old January 3rd 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Stitching-related post

On 1/2/09 7:06 PM, in article
, "Joan E."
wrote:

Oooo, looks what PatternsOnline.com has for an exclusive release!

http://www.patternsonline.com/Patterns/LPat.aspx?P=7586

Already purchased, downloaded & printed!

Joan (not that I need *another* project, but it will be perfect for my
boss next Christmas!)

Dang that is cute

Old January 5th 09, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 2, 6:42*pm, lucretia borgia wrote:

Now the trick will be to remember where you put the pattern next
November lol

That and a pattern for a scarf for another coworker that I found when
rummaging around the sites in the St. Brigid sweater thread. I
figured I should start them soon before I forget about them totally!
LOLOL!

Btw, has anyone seen a pattern for a Chinese dragon done in reds?

Joan
Old January 5th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Joan E." wrote in message
On Jan 2, 6:42 pm, lucretia borgia wrote:

Now the trick will be to remember where you put the pattern next
November lol

That and a pattern for a scarf for another coworker that I found when
rummaging around the sites in the St. Brigid sweater thread. I
figured I should start them soon before I forget about them totally!
LOLOL!

Btw, has anyone seen a pattern for a Chinese dragon done in reds?

Joan

I have one hanging on my wall. It was from a leaflet, the name of which
escapes me at the moment. Maybe Jeanette Crews, or something like that?
There's a tiny picture of it on the picture of "Things on the wall" in my
Lucille's Stuff album on RCTNP.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll look for it.

Old January 5th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"lucille" wrote in message
"Joan E." wrote in message
On Jan 2, 6:42 pm, lucretia borgia wrote:

Now the trick will be to remember where you put the pattern next
November lol

That and a pattern for a scarf for another coworker that I found when
rummaging around the sites in the St. Brigid sweater thread. I
figured I should start them soon before I forget about them totally!
LOLOL!

Btw, has anyone seen a pattern for a Chinese dragon done in reds?

Joan

I have one hanging on my wall. It was from a leaflet, the name of which
escapes me at the moment. Maybe Jeanette Crews, or something like that?
There's a tiny picture of it on the picture of "Things on the wall" in my
Lucille's Stuff album on RCTNP.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll look for it.

I found it. Still a small picture but a little clearer on the cover of
the leaflet.
http://shop.artscraftsusa.com/browse...s-Of-Asia.html
It was done in orange in the instructions, but I changed it to a brighter
red and added a little glittery filament on the wings and the tail.

Lucille

Old January 5th 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 5, 1:07*pm, lucretia borgia wrote:

Are you talking about cross stitch ? * I believe I have a lovely
transfer for a Chinese dragon that I would have used for crewel. *The
dragon would go from bottom to top of a narrow, vertical frame about
12 inches long.

Yes, cs. I've done crewel but am not crazy about it. The process,
that is. I wonder... could it easily be translated into cs?

Old January 6th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 6, 6:01*am, lucretia borgia wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:27:30 -0500, anne opined:

I'm lost here ... why couldn't the outline be traced on an evenweave to serve
as the border and then be filled with xx's?

It could indeed but I think if a person normally uses a cross stitch
pattern with colours and shadings specified, they might be at a loss
here. *It would be better to go with crewel where the shading would be
easier, at least, I would find it easier, maybe others would find
working out cross stitch shading easier, I don't know.

I was thinking (dangerous, I know! LOL), I have photocopied pics and
fonts onto pre-printed graph paper with pretty good results. A few of
the things I've designed (my @ badge, a bookmark and the "Road to
Hell" on rctnp are examples) came out pretty well, imo.

Do you have a pic of this dragon somewhere, Sheena?

Joan
Old January 7th 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Jan 5, 8:56*pm, MelissaD wrote:

Crewel work is not counted work - and so might be difficult to "fill in"
easily as the design lines would not necessarily correspond with the
weave of the fabric. *So you could in theory copy the outline but you
might be compensating with 1/4 stitches all over the place around the edges.

I'm certainly not afraid of 1/4 stitches! In fact, I often add
them to some of the designs I work.

Joan

Help from the historical reenactment folks - stitching related -lucet Cheryl Isaak Needlework 30 July 2nd 07 02:49 PM
re-post: quick post, a MUST-Have book for Knitters YarnWright Yarn 0 April 3rd 07 09:48 PM
Stitching related post-webshots update [email protected] Needlework 2 September 27th 05 10:32 PM
Fiber related (maybe) Anna MCM Yarn 3 September 9th 05 02:46 AM
Dr. Who - craft-related Plunderworks Needlework 0 July 24th 03 08:59 PM