Cheater blanket

Old January 28th 04, 04:50 PM
Helen in MN

Default Cheater blanket

We redid our basement family room so it is habitable for adults as well as
teenage boys. Thanks to those of you who gave upholstering advice. Thank
you- it is definitely not for me. I got the chair done, but hated doing it.
My neighbor kept going "It's easy!" pointing to her slipcovered sofa
complete with cording. Yuk.

Since it's cold downstairs, I wanted to make a quick blanket and thought of
doing the 2 piece polar fleece blanket where you tie off the edges of the
blanket to hold it together. It got very easy when I figured out to use my
rotary cutter, large block ruler and my 6"x23" ruler. I put my cutting mat
on the floor, and just moved around the outside. The fringe was to be cut 1"
wide and 6" deep, so when I marked the outside edge, I marked the inside
edge as well. Then I used my ShapeCut form to cut the fringe. I did a side
and then tied the fringe in square knots before going to the next side. I
did it all in less than 2 hours, and it looks great! Got a great price on
the polar fleece as well.
The only family warning is that this is not a dog blanket- that'll last for
a week.

Helen in MN