New Photos

Old July 12th 03, 08:01 AM
Christina Peterson

Default New Photos

Love than golden twisty necklace. And great barrels and round in jade. And
that Thai amber is so satisfying.

Nice work, Kathy.

Tina (NV) Peterson

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
There are a bunch of new photos with my work in my public photoalbum.

Take a
peek: comments, suggestions, compliments, and winning lottery numbers are
all welcome. Hateful, mean stuff can go to my alter-ego: dev/null.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid2108071

Kathy N-V

Old July 12th 03, 02:25 PM
SmartAlecBlonde4

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid2108071

Love that Blue Dichro, the spiral and your little dragon is so cute.

Jo Jo
Old July 12th 03, 04:53 PM
Janet

Dearest Kathy,

I'm so happy you're able to share these pictures of your latest pieces. I
really like Tante Lia's necklace, and I'm not much for browns. The faux
lariat is lovely, but your new little companion with his sweet face really
takes the cake.

I haven't said thanks lately for sharing your stories lately, but Thank You!
I may be a lurker, but I always keep a sharp eye out for your writings.

Janet

Old July 12th 03, 10:10 PM
Deirdre S.

I like it, too .... and was thinking how well it would work with some
components I have. Are you willing to share the instructions? Are they
visible online somewhere, or simple enough for a verbal description?

TIA.

Deirdre

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:35:11 -0700, vj wrote:

]That spiral
]necklace took me three evenings, instead of my normal half an evening for
]something like that.

i meant to mention that one - it almost looked braided, in the
picture. very nice!

Old July 12th 03, 11:35 PM
Kandice Seeber

It's all wonderful, but I like the Thai amber and Tante Lia's necklace the
best!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 15th 03, 02:38 AM
Deirdre S.

Ah, the basic spiral instructions are familiar, and I have done
several necklaces on that theme. But I like your variations, and will
have to try them out. Thanks muchly.

Deirdre

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:03:40 -0400, Kathy N-V
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:10:58 -0400, Deirdre S. wrote
(in message ):

I like it, too .... and was thinking how well it would work with some
components I have. Are you willing to share the instructions? Are they
visible online somewhere, or simple enough for a verbal description?

TIA.

Deirdre

I learned using these instructions:

http://www.angelfire.com/co2/beltana/spiral.html

However, I modify it (surprise, surprise). For this necklace, the inner core
is made of 6/0 mixed bronze beads and the outer is 8/0 A/B Rootbeer S/L.
Each station is the length of my "driving" finger apart. Because of the
disparity in bead sizes, I use 5 outer beads for each core bead.

To put in the stations, I just stop the spiral, drop in the accent beads,
then restart as if I were beginning again.

This particular necklace tends to take a beating, so I use doubled Power Pro
for the main stitch, and run an additional length of line through the "spine"
when I'm done. If you are going to reiforce the necklace, making sure you
have core beads with large holes is essential.

Sometimes I make the spiral with gemstone chips in place of one of the outer
beads (one core, two outer, gemstone chip, two outer - as the repeat). It
comes out very earthy looking, and nothing like the basic spiral.

Kathy N-V