Congraulations on being pick for 2010 London.

Old August 25th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
I love my doggie

Default Congraulations on being pick for 2010 London.

I heard about it last night while watching the closing of china's
Olympics. London England is going to be 2010's Olympic city. Maybe
someday we will be next too in my state. Hopefully, even thought it just
along way for that.
Pam-Doggirl3
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarsGifs/

Old August 25th 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

I love my doggie wrote:
I heard about it last night while watching the closing of china's
Olympics. London England is going to be 2010's Olympic city. Maybe
someday we will be next too in my state. Hopefully, even thought it just
along way for that.
Pam-Doggirl3
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarsGifs/

It's 2012 actually. I can see our taxes rising over the next few years
to pay for the damn thing!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old August 26th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 25, 11:08*pm, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote:
I love my doggie wrote:

I heard about it last night while watching the closing of china's
Olympics. London England is going to be 2010's Olympic city. Maybe
someday we will be next too in my state. Hopefully, even thought it just
along way for that.
Pam-Doggirl3
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarsGifs/

It's 2012 actually. I can see our taxes rising over the next few years
to pay for the damn thing!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Anyway Congratulations !!! Maybe taxes! will rise but lots of people
will have JOBS !!will be lots of roads repaired tourists places will
restored etc,, , LONDON will get a Face lift :::: mirjam
Old August 26th 08, 08:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote:
I love my doggie wrote:

I heard about it last night while watching the closing of china's
Olympics. London England is going to be 2010's Olympic city. Maybe
someday we will be next too in my state. Hopefully, even thought it just
along way for that.
Pam-Doggirl3
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarsGifs/
It's 2012 actually. I can see our taxes rising over the next few years
to pay for the damn thing!
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Anyway Congratulations !!! Maybe taxes! will rise but lots of people
will have JOBS !!will be lots of roads repaired tourists places will
restored etc,, , LONDON will get a Face lift :::: mirjam

London certainly needs a facelift!
Old August 26th 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default OT Congraulations on being pick for 2010 London.

wrote in message ...
I love my doggie wrote:
I heard about it last night while watching the closing of china's
Olympics. London England is going to be 2010's Olympic city. Maybe
someday we will be next too in my state. Hopefully, even thought it just
along way for that.
Pam-Doggirl3
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarsGifs/

London was chosen a long time ago. Sadly. There are many of us who would
have preferred Paris to win the competition.

It's 2012 actually. I can see our taxes rising over the next few years to
pay for the damn thing!

Well, we've been assured by our politicians in reply to Alistair Carmichael
MP that no more new money will be allocated.

And we trust them to keep their word.

Don't we?

Anyway, I expect you're pretty well insulated from the razzmtazz in Orkney.
I live in Leeds, Yorkshire.

" Leeds is developing a five-year Olympics and Paralympics programme of
events, packed full of dynamic sporting, cultural, and educational
activities, The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games has
selected the University of Leeds as one of only 600 potential training
venues across the United Kingdom, where some of the world's finest athletes
can train and prepare for the 2012 Games. The University's campus sports
centre was chosen for its badminton, basketball, table tennis and indoor
volleyball facilities. Stewart Ross, director of Sport & Physical Activity,
says: 'We're currently supporting Leeds City Council, which is speaking to a
number of interested nations who might want to hold training camps here. The
fact that the University has halls of residence for athletes to stay would
also be a very attractive part of the package for many countries.' "

But not for those of us who have to live here :-(

Mary

Old August 26th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mary Fisher wrote:
London was chosen a long time ago. Sadly. There are many of us who would
have preferred Paris to win the competition.
(snipped)
Anyway, I expect you're pretty well insulated from the razzmtazz in Orkney.
I live in Leeds, Yorkshire.

We are grateful for the Pentland Firth which insulates Orkney from many
of the "benefits" of civilisation. And Stronsay has the added benefit of
an extra layer of insulation (a 90 minute ferry or a 10 minute flight)
between us and mainland g
Old August 26th 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

wrote in message ...
Mary Fisher wrote:
London was chosen a long time ago. Sadly. There are many of us who would
have preferred Paris to win the competition.
(snipped)
Anyway, I expect you're pretty well insulated from the razzmtazz in
Orkney. I live in Leeds, Yorkshire.

We are grateful for the Pentland Firth which insulates Orkney from many of
the "benefits" of civilisation. And Stronsay has the added benefit of an
extra layer of insulation (a 90 minute ferry or a 10 minute flight)
between us and mainland g

Yes. I'd like to emigrate from 'civilisation'.

Do you have a couple of spare rooms? And a bit of garden for the hens ...

:-)

Mary

Old August 26th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mary Fisher wrote:
Yes. I'd like to emigrate from 'civilisation'.
Do you have a couple of spare rooms? And a bit of garden for the hens ...
:-)
Mary

Three houses for sale on the island g
There's "Ha'breck", 2 bedroomed bungalow with 19 acres of land plus
large workshop/stable. Offers over 125,000 GBP
http://tinyurl.com/habreck

Shamrock Lea has three public room, six bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen
and plenty of storage areas. At the back of the house there is a large,
secluded and well kept garden. There are two large outbuildings one is
used as a garage/boat shed and the other a workshop. Offers over 150,000 GBP
http://www.shamrocklea.co.uk

And there's a brand-new 4 bedroomed, detached bungalow. Only completed
earlier this year. Offers over 135,000 GBP
http://tinyurl.com/6a84ms
Old August 26th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

wrote in message ...
Mary Fisher wrote:
Yes. I'd like to emigrate from 'civilisation'.
Do you have a couple of spare rooms? And a bit of garden for the hens ...
:-)
Mary

Three houses for sale on the island g
There's "Ha'breck", 2 bedroomed bungalow with 19 acres of land plus large
workshop/stable. Offers over 125,000 GBP
http://tinyurl.com/habreck

Oh ... we might be able to manage that ... and most of it is right up our
street - but why an oil-fired boiler when there are peat rights? Seriously
.... I'll show this to Spouse.

Shamrock Lea has three public room, six bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen
and plenty of storage areas. At the back of the house there is a large,
secluded and well kept garden. There are two large outbuildings one is
used as a garage/boat shed and the other a workshop. Offers over 150,000
GBP
http://www.shamrocklea.co.uk

Beyond our means :-( But a great website!

And there's a brand-new 4 bedroomed, detached bungalow. Only completed
earlier this year. Offers over 135,000 GBP
http://tinyurl.com/6a84ms

No thanks. Under floor central heating and UPVC framed double glazed
windows. Bleurch.

Mary

Old August 26th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
I love my doggie

Default OT Congraulations on being pick for 2010 London.Bruce

Sorry about the year. I was only putting down what the caption said on
tv. But still Congratulations.
Pam-Doggirl3
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarsGifs/
A knitting chat room on starchat called