Need Baby Hat Pattern

Old February 13th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cece

Default Need Baby Hat Pattern

On Feb 13, 7:44 am, "DAB" Buckeye wrote:
I need to make a baby hat for a girl at work.....she is having a boy so the
frilly ones won't do. I have some worsted weight yarn and like the gauge
using us size 6 needles in the round. I have looked for free patterns but
most are for fingering weight yarn.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or patterns you can point me to.

Donna.......6 inches and climbing in Ohio....good news is they closed the
Base I work atG

Worsted weight? Use size 10 needles and do a Zimmerman watch cap,
about 70 rows worth before the crown shaping. Zimmerman watch cap can
be found in _Knitting Without Tears_.

Cece

Old February 13th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Cece wrote:
On Feb 13, 7:44 am, "DAB" Buckeye wrote:
I need to make a baby hat for a girl at work.....she is having a boy
so the frilly ones won't do. I have some worsted weight yarn and
like the gauge using us size 6 needles in the round. I have looked
for free patterns but most are for fingering weight yarn.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or patterns you can point me
to.

Donna.......6 inches and climbing in Ohio....good news is they
closed the Base I work atG

Worsted weight? Use size 10 needles and do a Zimmerman watch cap,
about 70 rows worth before the crown shaping. Zimmerman watch cap can
be found in _Knitting Without Tears_.

Cece

I have her book and will go dig it out of the pile.

Thanks Cece!

Old February 21st 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cece

On Feb 13, 3:11 pm, "DAB" Buckeye wrote:
Cece wrote:
On Feb 13, 7:44 am, "DAB" Buckeye wrote:
I need to make a baby hat for a girl at work.....she is having a boy
so the frilly ones won't do. I have some worsted weight yarn and
like the gauge using us size 6 needles in the round. I have looked
for free patterns but most are for fingering weight yarn.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or patterns you can point me
to.

Donna.......6 inches and climbing in Ohio....good news is they
closed the Base I work atG

Worsted weight? Use size 10 needles and do aZimmermanwatch cap,
about 70 rows worth before the crown shaping. Zimmermanwatch cap can
be found in _Knitting Without Tears_.

Cece

I have her book and will go dig it out of the pile.

Thanks Cece!- Hide quoted text -

How's it going, DAB? Worsted weight on size 10s, following the
directions exactly, gives a hat that will fit preemie to one year.

I found my notes, which say to work at least 7 inches before
decreasing; AIR, I worked 72 rows. Fold up and fold up again,
preemie; fold up a couple inches only once, up to one-year size.

Cece

Old February 22nd 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Cece wrote:
[...]

Well I am going back and forth ......I work on the hat a while and work on a
cute Baby Wrap....looks like those little Baby shirts that tie on the
side....found the pattern in the Mason-Dixon Book...I am using a new
yarn...for me called Encore Colorspun in worsted weight that makes nice
stripes.....the hat is half done and so is the Wrap...when I finish will
post them on my Knitting Blog.

Thanks for asking and for your help too!

Donna