Mostly OT - A Contest!

Old October 11th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Monica Ferris

Default Mostly OT - A Contest!

Betsy Devonshire, needlework shopowner, needs a boyfriend. She has
had two romances in the course of this mystery novel series. The
first was Morrie Steffans, a retired police detective who wanted Betsy
to sell her shop and move with him to Florida. The second was Stan
Omernic, a hard-working police detective. Good looking in an Eastern
European way, very competent.

Neither of them does needlework.

The third? Well, invent someone, one of you.

Betsy is short, plump, intelligent, hard-working, funny, open-minded,
a church-going Episcopalian. She is independently wealthy (though
that may change if the economy keeps sliding). She owns her own
business and sleuths on the side. She keeps a cat. She needs a
boyfriend she can keep!

Because of my wide readership, I am dipping into my stash to offer a
choice of prizes to the winner:

1) A hand-painted canvas by Peter Ashe called Winter Cottage, not
stitched.
2) A sampler pattern called “A Sampler for Merry Pat” from Blue Ribbon
Designs in original package.
3) “The Long Thistle” cross stitch chart from Landmark Tapestries in
original package.
4) An autographed ARC (Advance Review Copy – bound galleys) of Thai
Die.
5) An antique (around 1912) toy typewriter from Simplex
6) A skein of fuzzy yarn (mohair, wool, nylon blend, 50 grams, 122
yards) in fall colors from The Gourmet Collection

The rules of the contest: You have until November 15 to invent a
fictional male boyfriend for my sleuth, Betsy Devonshire. He needs a
name, a physical description, and a solid outline of his character.
Add any details you like, including how they meet – though that’s not
necessary. Oh, I do need to like him, too. Winner has choice of one
of above prizes. New boyfriend will appear in Blackwork and the
winner will also get a copy of that book, suitably autographed.

It's possible no one will win, if I don't like any of the entries --
it's my contest, after all.

Send entries to

Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris
Old October 11th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Monica Ferris ) writes:
Betsy Devonshire, needlework shopowner, needs a boyfriend. She has
had two romances in the course of this mystery novel series. The
first was Morrie Steffans, a retired police detective who wanted Betsy
to sell her shop and move with him to Florida. The second was Stan
Omernic, a hard-working police detective. Good looking in an Eastern
European way, very competent.
(snip)
Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris

Welcome back, Mary Monica. I haven't seen many postings from you recently.
For any new people on RCTN, Mary Monica is an old friend, and this is a
genuine competition. Jim.
Old October 11th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/11/08 9:53 AM, in article
, "Monica
Ferris" wrote:

[...]

2) A sampler pattern called łA Sampler for Merry Pat˛ from Blue Ribbon
Designs in original package.
3) łThe Long Thistle˛ cross stitch chart from Landmark Tapestries in
original package.
4) An autographed ARC (Advance Review Copy * bound galleys) of Thai
Die.
5) An antique (around 1912) toy typewriter from Simplex
6) A skein of fuzzy yarn (mohair, wool, nylon blend, 50 grams, 122
yards) in fall colors from The Gourmet Collection

The rules of the contest: You have until November 15 to invent a
fictional male boyfriend for my sleuth, Betsy Devonshire. He needs a
name, a physical description, and a solid outline of his character.
Add any details you like, including how they meet * though thatąs not
necessary. Oh, I do need to like him, too. Winner has choice of one
of above prizes. New boyfriend will appear in Blackwork and the
winner will also get a copy of that book, suitably autographed.

It's possible no one will win, if I don't like any of the entries --
it's my contest, after all.

Send entries to

Mary Monica
aka Monica Ferris

Well - that bears thinking about some....

Thanks Mary Monica

Old October 13th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Oct 11, 9:53*am, Monica Ferris wrote:
[...]

I tried to email you at the above address but it bounced. Did I miss
something? Should I have added something where the .... are? Thanks

Pat in SJ

Contest Linda2 Beads 5 August 15th 07 12:10 PM
FAQ contest for Feb. Diana Curtis Quilting 14 February 4th 05 02:39 AM
Contest Winner for the FAQ contest Diana Curtis Quilting 14 December 11th 04 12:13 PM
The FAQ contest Diana Curtis Quilting 4 December 7th 04 08:06 PM
CONTEST sterling Marketplace 0 May 4th 04 09:43 AM