Mini-meetup and mini-shop-hop (longish)

Old September 15th 03, 08:40 PM
TerriLee in WA

Default Mini-meetup and mini-shop-hop (longish)

I got to meet up with "Laura in VA" last Friday!!! Her DH was in
Seattle for a conference related to his employment, and she travelled
out here with him.

Laura is one brave lady - in a town she's never been to before, she
hopped on a bus in downtown and rode it to Renton where I work, so that
we start our mini-hop sooner. Isn't that sweet!? I picked her up at
the transit center, and off we went to some of my favorite south-end
places and also to one shop I'd never been to before but have wanted to
for a while.

We started at Pieces in Renton. Ogled all the beautiful quilts on
display and looked for a duck "stencil" for a baby quilt Laura is
working on. No luck there. Then, driving madly south to Auburn, we
went to The Calico Cat (which is also the Bernina dealer). I found some
gorgeous marble/crackle fabric to add to the DH's "Dragon Quilt". Laura
bought some yummy things, too, including some of the cutest cat fabric
I've ever seen. Then, off to the new shop in Maple Valley, called
Perfect Points. Having never been there, it took a few minutes to find
it, but WOW, was it worth it. Found the leopard print I've been
searching for, for DS's "Jungle Fever". Now I can start cutting that
out! Yay. Laura found some really neat "rocks" that she's planning to
use in a landscape quilt. By now it's 5 pm, and we've been talking
nonstop for 2.5 hours. LOL. Grabbed an iced tea & a lemonade to "whet
the whistle", and off we went to Sue's Rags in Federal Way. Didn't have
very much time to look around, as Sue's closes at 6, but did notice that
she has quite a selection of Halloween prints in.

Anyway, I then drove Laura back to downtown Seattle, to meet her DH for
dinner (only 30 min late, oops) still yakking non-stop!! We never did
find that duck stencil, but I had a great time, and I hope Laura did,
too.

--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
Old September 15th 03, 09:04 PM
Laura Gilbert

I must add that TerriLee is a dynamite hostess! Just loved the trip, and
Seattle, returned home just in time to find Isabell planning on a visit!
Gotta hussle. Had a great time, won't miss any opportunities to travel out
TerriLee's way!

Laura in Virginia

Old September 15th 03, 09:05 PM
Jalynne

Darn, i sure wish i could have been there with you two. Would have been more fun
than laundry...LOL
--
Jalynne

Old September 15th 03, 09:48 PM
TerriLee in WA

Goodness, anything is more fun than laundry. Unless, of course you're
washing new fabrics VBG

You sure would have been welcome - I should have thought of that.
However, if there are more than two of us, you'll have to drive - the
truck really only holds two comfortably, and the Bronco is in the shop
getting a new tranny.

Old September 15th 03, 09:49 PM
TerriLee in WA

blush I just love to talk and meet new folks. So glad you had a
good time, Laura. I'll be keeping you on my prayer list for safety from
the dangerous weather stuff.

Old September 16th 03, 12:38 AM
Jalynne

I'd be more than happy to drive...one of my fave pasttimes. And with the minivan...i
have room for 5 others (aside from DD and me) and LOTS of cargo space for the stash
haul.
--
Jalynne

Old September 16th 03, 04:34 AM
Laura Gilbert

When you come to eastern Virginia (sans hurricanes) it will be my pleasure
to hostess y'all around to our local quilt shops!

PS: I did get a piece of official Washington State Bug Fabric - WOW! What
gorgeous dragonflies!

Laura in VA