what's the best place to sell used charts??

Old January 4th 04, 01:16 PM

Default what's the best place to sell used charts??

I'm cleaning out my stash to make room for new stash. I've got a
whole pile of charts, both new and gently used, that I'd like to sell.
I've tried listing them for sale on RCTM with no luck at all. I've
thought about selling them on E-Bay, but there are so many charts
there that never receive a bid. This leads me to my question: where is
that "best place" to sell those charts that need a new home?

Lisa
Old January 4th 04, 03:20 PM
Lisa Hurley

Depends on how "wealthy" you want to get from the sale of these charts. :-)
Rare or expensive patterns tend to sell decently on ebay, but I've noticed
that smaller or more common patterns sell better when grouped together in
lots.
And I wouldn't have any problem with listing charts for sale or swap -- like
any other post, if it doesn't catch my interest, I pass it by -- and that's
not too stressful or offensive to me. :-)

Lisa H

Old January 4th 04, 04:26 PM
Gillian Murray

"stitcher" wrote in message
news
On 4 Jan 2004 14:26:30 GMT, (F.James
Cripwell) wrote:

) writes:
I'm cleaning out my stash to make room for new stash. I've got a
whole pile of charts, both new and gently used, that I'd like to sell.
I've tried listing them for sale on RCTM with no luck at all. I've
thought about selling them on E-Bay, but there are so many charts
there that never receive a bid. This leads me to my question: where is
that "best place" to sell those charts that need a new home?

Lisa Sort of the way some people get offended by certain OT topics.

Stirring things up Jim???

Lisa you might try "Cross Stitches Catalog and Auction" at
http://www.crossstitchonline.com/

Ruby

Lisa,
I have sold a lot of stuff on the site that Ruby recommended. There is a
fee one is supposed to pay in order to buy and sell on CSA. However, it
works out a lot less than the 30cent minimum listing on Ebay, and you are
right, charts do not move quickly there, either. Too many commercial
concerns are on Ebay. The CSA is strictly for individuals, no businesses. We
get to be quite a close group, as our possessions travel around the country.
Why don't you go over, and browse; there is no charge for that. Some charts
are sold very quickly, and others take forever. Even my MLI charts are
moving slowly right now; maybe everyone is broke after the holidays.
Gillian

Old January 4th 04, 08:19 PM
Dorothyxs

I love the CSA auction, I paid $20.00 but that is for a little over a year.
You can list 60 items at a time. Just this week I made over $100.00. This is
better than throwing them away. Like Gillian said you can look first and see if
you like it.

http://www.crossstitchonline.com/cgi...on/auction.cgi
Old January 4th 04, 08:55 PM
Gillian Murray

Laughing my head off!! I just won an auction from Dorothy, and, I am sorry,
she was a new name to me!! It is a great site.

Gillian
Florida

Old January 5th 04, 12:04 AM
Stitchbug

Lisa-
There are 2 ezboard forums I know of that you could try. You have to
register but membership is free.
There is the Buy/Sell/Trade forum on Cross Stitch Corner:
http://pub1.ezboard.com/bcrossstitchcorner50421
and Legacy marketplace on Legacy Embroiderers Guild:
http://pub186.ezboard.com/blegacyembroiderers

Old January 5th 04, 11:51 PM
Rhea

I just put my first kit on ebay to try a trial run. I wasn't aware of CSA. If
it don't work out on ebay, I may head to CSA. Thanks for that tip.

Rhea from KY, USA

Arts in the Park: Randolph, MA, 8/29/04--come show and sell! Claudia Morgan Jewelry 0 July 19th 04 04:11 AM
Arts in the Park: Randolph, MA, 8/29/04--come show and sell! Claudia Morgan Marketplace 0 July 19th 04 03:24 AM
Recipe for Cocoa Butter Soap/ New venue to sell soaps Mary Byerly General Crafting 0 July 8th 04 01:03 AM
More on the demo...... csteele Beads 141 November 10th 03 06:49 PM
Great new Cross Stitch Charts zip-piddy Marketplace 0 October 1st 03 08:30 AM