Nautical print

Old October 17th 04, 03:17 PM
maryd

Thanks, Pat. I almost finished the blocks yesterday. I have to get them
finished today because tomorrow I start on a bridesmaid dress.

--
Mary
"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo Mary
Couldn't get to see it the first couple of times I tried; but now I
have. It's lovely (see why you didn't want to cut up the fabric).
I could almost smell the sea g
.
In article , maryd
writes
I settled on a pattern and the first block is nearly done..... thanks for
the suggestions.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...00195572oyCUyk

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old October 17th 04, 06:24 PM
Donna

Mary,
Did you make up the pattern yourself? I think it would work with the fabric
my DH found at the Shreveport quilt show. It is Roy Rogers and has Gabby
Hayes on it. He loves Westerns and Gabby Hayes so think this pattern might
work with it.
Thanks, Donna

Old October 17th 04, 06:34 PM
maryd

I found it at quilters cache. It's a large "simple star"
http://www.quilterscache.com/S_U/SimpleStarQuilt.html

--
Mary

Old October 18th 04, 02:23 AM
Donna

Thanks Mary. I saved it to my favorites until I can get to that one. I think
it will work for the fabric I have.
Donna

Old October 18th 04, 02:50 AM
Pat in Virginia

Donna: This is an old standard block, and one of my
favorites. As you guessed, it is terrific for highlighting a
special print. Look for this in books and on line; look for
Evening Star, Variable Star, and Simple Star. It has several
names. HTH. I like Judy Hopkins's series of block books. NAYY.
Now, would you please check that RR fabric and tell me about
producer information, as on the selvage? Thanks bunches! It
sounds terrific and I want to buy some.
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 19th 04, 01:51 AM
Donna

Hi Pat,
I went and pulled it out of the stash closet and it says
"Roy RogersMerchandising/Applejack Licensing,VT for Robert Kaufman Screen
Print D# 4852" then all the color circles and then "Happy Trails". Thanks
for the names of the block. I'll look for that book at my LQS also. If and
when I get the blocks started I'll try and figure out the digital camera and
post a link to a pic.
Thanks again,
Donna

Old October 19th 04, 01:55 AM
Pat in Virginia

Thank you Donna. I am sure other fans of cowboys, and of the
50s will appreciate this information.
PAT in VA/USA, adding another item to the Houston shopping list!

Old October 20th 04, 12:43 AM
Donna

Glad I could help. Wish I could make the trip to Houston, too!! Maybe next
year. It sounds like y'all have a great time.