OT - back from surgery

Old November 12th 04, 06:41 PM
Lee Kerrighan

Default OT - back from surgery

Reading this morning about the strokes that Janet's father, and Julia Sb
have suffered , I'm feeling very grateful that my carotid blockage was
discovered, and that my doctor referred me to the stroke prevention
clinic in Calgary. They acted very quickly - my first appointment with
them was Oct 13, and I had surgery Wednesday to clear the blockage. When
I first met the surgeon last Friday, he said there was a 40% chance of a
stroke within two years if I did nothing, so that really wasn't much of
an option.

This was my first ever hospitalization, and I was pretty much
terrified going in, but everyone was so kind and helpful. Still, I'm not
in a hurry to repeat the experience!

Lee

(my server is in the lane, not the road)
Old November 12th 04, 06:55 PM
Rita

A speedy recovery!

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old November 12th 04, 08:48 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Lee,
Have been in the hospital for tonsillectomy, appendectomy, delivery
of 3 children and one time for the carotid surgery also. The carotid
surgery is not an easy thing to agree to, especially when they tell you
that they are going to open up the main artery to the brain. Oh, yeah,
right!!! EEK!!! Just a little bit nervous, to say the least, about that
one.
Glad you have come through with flying colors. I truly can relate, and,
I really would rather not go through it again either. My cardiovascular
physician is keeping close watch on both sides, but, so far, doesn't
seem too concerned about the right side. Only had one side done.
How about you?
Hope you recover soon. Stay well and think happy thoughts.
Marlys in Indiana

Old November 12th 04, 08:49 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Lee,
Have been in the hospital for tonsillectomy, appendectomy, delivery
of 3 children and one time for the carotid surgery also. (The only thing
about the surgery that is funny is that I can remember the technical
name: endoarterectomy (sp might be wrong). The carotid surgery is

Old November 12th 04, 08:52 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Excuse the double post. Wanted to add the spelling and it must
have gotten away from me. Sorry.
Hiding in the wood shed!!! :-(
Marlys

Old November 12th 04, 10:08 PM
Patti

Do hope you recover well with no further signs of trouble.
..
In article , Lee Kerrighan
writes
Reading this morning about the strokes that Janet's father, and Julia Sb
have suffered , I'm feeling very grateful that my carotid blockage was
discovered, and that my doctor referred me to the stroke prevention
clinic in Calgary. They acted very quickly - my first appointment with
them was Oct 13, and I had surgery Wednesday to clear the blockage. When
I first met the surgeon last Friday, he said there was a 40% chance of a
stroke within two years if I did nothing, so that really wasn't much of
an option.

This was my first ever hospitalization, and I was pretty much
terrified going in, but everyone was so kind and helpful. Still, I'm not
in a hurry to repeat the experience!

Lee

(my server is in the lane, not the road)

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 07:08 PM
back home again CNYstitcher Quilting 3 February 9th 04 03:09 PM
I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT Sandy Foster Quilting 6 January 15th 04 07:02 PM
OFF TOPIC: Surgery Saga continues Butterfly Quilting 9 December 26th 03 01:04 AM