Darn It !

Old July 29th 03, 05:22 AM
Els van Dam

Default Darn It !

In article , "Shillelagh"
wrote:

I'm feeling a little blue..... I've been knitting away on a sweater for my
DD, and have decided I hate it. I have the front and back done, and one
sleeve half finished.... but will finish it up and hope to goodness that
SHE likes it when it's done. We went through tons of patterns before
settling on one, plus she doesn't wear wool, so I had to find something else
to make it from. We picked a cotton yarn with a rayon wrap.... I just
don't like the way it drapes, and am hoping that it looks better to me when
I stitch it together.
;( :( (sniffle)

Shelagh

Shelagh a good press after you are finished and it may look much better
when it is all together.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Old July 29th 03, 08:25 AM
Allaya Diep

I'm sure it will look great after you block it...that makes all the
difference sometimes!

Allaya

Old July 29th 03, 11:35 AM
G.Kelly

Shelagh - you might find that it looks a lot better when stitched together.
This happened to me when I did the little red coat ( the one in the
picture ) it looked awful when in pieces and I dispaired of it being any
better - however when it was made up it was just gorgeous. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old July 29th 03, 01:56 PM
Katherine Burgess

Poor you, Shelagh! I hate when that happens. I have sweaters that I just
can't wear because I hate them, despite the work I put in on them. That is
why I think I prefer knitting socks - at least I can wear them UNDER things.
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 04:52 PM
NoraBalcer

Shellagh,

Your DD will love it as she is the one who picked out the pattern and it will
look lovely on her I just know it will.

Katherine, that's why I stick to afghans, don't have to worry about anyone
wearing it. I'm thinking of crocheting a sweater for my DH, but as I said just
thinking about it.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 29th 03, 05:59 PM
Katherine Burgess

"NoraBalcer" wrote
Katherine, that's why I stick to afghans, don't have to worry about anyone
wearing it. I'm thinking of crocheting a sweater for my DH, but as I said

just
thinking about it.

You have a point, Nora, but I do like trying different patterns.
Hugs,
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 06:25 PM
Karen

Been there, that's disappointing, especially after all that work -- but you
know, it may be better than you think once it's done and together.
Sometimes I find that it's hard to find the motivation to finish it in a
case like that, so I move on to another project -- and when I come back to
it, it doesn't look as bad as I thought.

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
I'm feeling a little blue..... I've been knitting away on a sweater for

my
DD, and have decided I hate it. I have the front and back done, and one
sleeve half finished.... but will finish it up and hope to goodness that
SHE likes it when it's done. We went through tons of patterns before
settling on one, plus she doesn't wear wool, so I had to find something

else
to make it from. We picked a cotton yarn with a rayon wrap.... I just
don't like the way it drapes, and am hoping that it looks better to me

when
I stitch it together.
;( :( (sniffle)

Shelagh

Darn fabric bowls are addicting! KJ Quilting 7 November 6th 04 08:52 PM
Darn cute bunny! Tinkster Beads 6 April 14th 04 08:44 AM
The darn cutest penguin beads! Tinkster Beads 11 March 3rd 04 04:44 AM
Darn it! Kalera Stratton Beads 3 February 22nd 04 03:26 PM
oh darn, quilt pout Musicmaker Quilting 0 July 11th 03 12:17 AM