Snowbound - let's quilt!

Old January 24th 05, 04:13 PM
NightMist

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:56:08 -0500, "ME-Judy"
wrote:

Judy in Brunswick ME.... 0* gale winds (gusts to 55 mph) which makes the
wind chill TOO COLD to go out and SHOVEL! Snow - well, somewhere between
zip and 24" depending on where the snow has blown.... Another reason not to
shovel/snow blow until the wind quiets down. They are predicting 15-18" for
us.

Yeah we got less than 2 feet of snow total out of the storm, but the
cold has been pretty fierce. We have been getting highs in the low
single digits, and lows and the negative double digits. Darn good
thing the wind hasn't gotten any faster than 10 mph or we would have
had people getting killed by the windchill.
It is snowing again right now.

NightMist
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old January 24th 05, 10:28 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Sally Swindells wrote:

Would think you'll be alright as the 'big roads' will be kept clear by
the Monday traffic especially after the M11 fiasco last year.

HAH - we spent 7 hours on the M11 in that snow last year - I've never
been so glad to get to Stanstead services!!!

And the M1 was a piece of cake - it tried to snow/sleet for a bit, and
there was light coverage around Luton, but on the whole I was able to
keep up a good speed both up and back...

....and between us DH & I spent over £100 at The Bramble Patch in Weedon
- as well as £25 at Pearce Tandy Leathercrafts/The Identity Store
(whatever you want to call it!) Add a lovely lunch at a lovely pub, and
our first evening class in Polish - its been a great day!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK