Template Puzzle - can anyone solve it

Old January 23rd 05, 01:11 PM
Sally Swindells

Default Template Puzzle - can anyone solve it

I have just been sorting through my templates, and came across some
which belonged to my late sister. There are triangles, circles,
hearts, a train and a duck and this....See

under Quilting, then Puzzle.

I am completely stumped - it must be a something, but what? Branch and
Leaf? wonky flying duck?- both look wrong somehow and there isn't
anything else that obviously goes with it. Don't even know which is
the top!

If anyone looks and thinks -'oh yes, thats.....' could they please
solve my puzzle for me.

Thanks

Sally
Old January 23rd 05, 01:49 PM
\Pussywillow\ Volfie

"Sally Swindells" wrote

under Quilting, then Puzzle.

I am completely stumped - it must be a something, but what? Branch and
Leaf? wonky flying duck?- both look wrong somehow and there isn't
anything else that obviously goes with it. Don't even know which is
the top!

I was going to say a dragonfly until I enlarged it and saw that flat end
where the head should be. It looks like it connects to something else at
that flat part -- is broken off there?

Giselle (ya' got me shrug)

Old January 23rd 05, 01:54 PM
AliceW

I printed it and cut out two of them. If you put them together it looks
like the antlers of a moose. Used singly, the stem and leaf is a good
guess.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
:I have just been sorting through my templates, and came across some
: which belonged to my late sister. There are triangles, circles,
: hearts, a train and a duck and this....See
:
: http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswin
:
: under Quilting, then Puzzle.
:

Old January 23rd 05, 02:42 PM
Kellie J. Berger

moose antlers? Jackalope?

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com

Old January 23rd 05, 03:18 PM
Patti

Hullo Sally
Interesting!
My first thought was Polly's eight-pointed stag, missing a few antlers!
My next thought was that it has to be a quilting template rather than a
piecing one - but that's no help really is it?
I hope we find out g
..
In article , Sally Swindells
writes
I have just been sorting through my templates, and came across some
which belonged to my late sister. There are triangles, circles,
hearts, a train and a duck and this....See

under Quilting, then Puzzle.

I am completely stumped - it must be a something, but what? Branch and
Leaf? wonky flying duck?- both look wrong somehow and there isn't
anything else that obviously goes with it. Don't even know which is
the top!

If anyone looks and thinks -'oh yes, thats.....' could they please
solve my puzzle for me.

Thanks

Sally

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 23rd 05, 03:39 PM
Debbi

Is this suppose to be an ink blot test? I don't see anything. I almost
looked like the Hebrew Chai (Life) to me, but I don't think so.

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 23rd 05, 03:52 PM
\Pussywillow\ Volfie

"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
m...
moose antlers? Jackalope?

Snipe?

Old January 23rd 05, 03:54 PM
SunnyQuilt

I think it's not a template at all, but a piece left over from cutting other
pieces out.

SunnyQuilt

Sally Swindells wrote

HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/sallyswin"
http://community.websh
ots.com/user/sallyswin/A

Old January 23rd 05, 04:15 PM
Patty in NWO

I'm stumped, other that the already suggested antlers the only other thing I
can think of is that maybe it's meant to be used as a tool for marking arcs
for quilting patterns. It's a lonnnggg shot though.

Patty in NWO

Old January 23rd 05, 05:56 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Sally Swindells wrote:

I have just been sorting through my templates, and came across some
which belonged to my late sister. There are triangles, circles,
hearts, a train and a duck and this....See

under Quilting, then Puzzle.

I am completely stumped - it must be a something, but what? Branch and
Leaf? wonky flying duck?- both look wrong somehow and there isn't
anything else that obviously goes with it. Don't even know which is
the top!

If anyone looks and thinks -'oh yes, thats.....' could they please
solve my puzzle for me.

Thanks

Sally

Any chance it's a tessellation? Does it fit together with itself in any
way?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Found all the Puzzle Pieces - NE1 Else? Terbear Quilting 3 August 6th 04 08:27 AM
Quilting Train Border Template MelissaInNJ Quilting 9 March 24th 04 04:56 PM
New twist on Puzzle quilt Susan Laity Price Quilting 15 March 12th 04 11:46 PM
Puzzle Quilt Feedback Mardi Quilting 7 March 2nd 04 12:35 PM
for Merry--kladiascope triangle template Kathy in CA Quilting 2 September 26th 03 03:59 PM