to Liz Houston youth programs for gem/jewelry

Old November 30th 04, 04:33 AM
yippikiyo

Default to Liz Houston youth programs for gem/jewelry

Hi Liz,

My daughters and I are new to jewelry making. I was so excited when I read
your post mentioning the programs for kids available as part of your group.
Can you please share the name of the group or a website so that we may get
involved?
Thanks so much!
Susan

Old December 1st 04, 02:33 AM
Li

Hi Susan,

Our group is the Houston Gem and Mineral Society. Our web page can be found
at: www.hgms.org
The children's group meets on the first and third Saturdays of the month
from 10:00 AM to 12:00 noon. The clubhouse is located on the corner of
Rockley and Brooklet near Beltway 8 and Highway 59 South (the traffic is not
at all bad on Saturdays). Currently, we have 16 - 20 children that
participate regularly and another 10 that drop in and out (sports activities
allowing). We have only 1 meeting in December due to the holidays.
Children's membership is $8.00 yearly and that covers everything. We also
have educational extension programs available to schools and scout troops.

For yourself, you might also want to check up on our lapidary, fabrication,
wire wrapping, and precious metal clay classes that are scheduled starting
in January (not sure if the web page has been updated for these yet). We
have a fully-equipped shop and a lot of knowledgable people that are always
willing to help out.

Liz