Aussie Illustrator

Old January 29th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Aussie Illustrator

I just got my copy of the latest Inspirations. Sprinkled throughout are
illustrations of whimsical, quirky people by Janet Bridgeland. Google didn't
turn up anything useful about her work. Can anyone find an online presence for
her?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old January 29th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ChrisW

"anne" wrote in message
I just got my copy of the latest Inspirations. Sprinkled throughout are
illustrations of whimsical, quirky people by Janet Bridgeland. Google
didn't
turn up anything useful about her work. Can anyone find an online presence
for
her?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Why not email the publishers, Country Bumpkin? They are pretty friendly.

Old January 30th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

"anne" wrote in message
I just got my copy of the latest Inspirations. Sprinkled throughout are
illustrations of whimsical, quirky people by Janet Bridgeland. Google
didn't
turn up anything useful about her work. Can anyone find an online presence
for
her?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

I think the surname is incorrect, there is an Australian artist Janet
Bridgland (no e) whom I imagine is the person you refer to.
I haven't seen the particular issue of "Illustrations"

http://www.salainc.com.au/artist.php?id=216

http://www.goroad.com.au/back-pages-...llage-379.html

Edna in HOT Sydney

Old January 30th 09, 11:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/29/09 10:17 PM, in article
, "Edna" wrote:

"anne" wrote in message
I just got my copy of the latest Inspirations. Sprinkled throughout are
illustrations of whimsical, quirky people by Janet Bridgeland. Google
didn't
turn up anything useful about her work. Can anyone find an online presence
for
her?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

I think the surname is incorrect, there is an Australian artist Janet
Bridgland (no e) whom I imagine is the person you refer to.
I haven't seen the particular issue of "Illustrations"

http://www.salainc.com.au/artist.php?id=216

http://www.goroad.com.au/back-pages-...llage-379.html

Edna in HOT Sydney

Now I want to see more from her!

Cheryl

Old January 31st 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

Did I actually write "Illustrations" the heat must be getting to me (grin)

Edna in hot Sydney

"Joyce" wrote in message
Maybe pink roses are to Australians what hearts are to Americans?

Joyce in RSA.

"anne" wrote in message
g...
says...
I think the surname is incorrect, there is an Australian artist Janet
Bridgland (no e) whom I imagine is the person you refer to.

Yes, that's her.

I haven't seen the particular issue of "Illustrations"

Inspirations, not Illustrations ;-) The projects are gorgeous but I wish
they'd
feature fewer designs with pink roses.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Old January 31st 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

I must admit I have never been aware of an abundance of pink roses in
Inspirations magazines ....also I just found my issue No 60 with the
wonderful illustrations of
Janet Bridgland which are truly unusual and charming.

Looks like I put it away unread, pity, the two visiting grand-children (6 &
10) who returned home to Tasmania yesterday could have had fun making the
little felt koalas.

They both really enjoyed cutting their own designs from felt and sewing them
on the sewing machine for the first time, previously they had sewn only by
hand.

Edna in Sydney

"anne" wrote in message
g...
says...
Maybe pink roses are to Australians what hearts are to Americans?

Good point. Perhaps someone from down under will tell us if that's so.

Is there a motif that permeates South African designs?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

An Aussie needs help, please Barbara Quilting 0 February 7th 06 02:07 AM
News from Aussie Dee in Oz Quilting 2 June 12th 04 11:07 AM
OT lovely illustratorīs page Anna MCM Yarn 16 July 31st 03 07:03 AM