Can I have a redo on this week

Old January 29th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Can I have a redo on this week

To recap, instead of doing the "finishing" I wanted to do this week

Monday: DS home sick
Tuesday: DD home sick
Wednesday: snow storm, both home and too crappy to even think of leaving the
house

Thursday: DH home sick, left anyway. Had to compromise on the Styrofoam for
the "soft finish". Could find 5" blocks. Both pieces are 6" in longest
dimension and looked totally wrong wrapped around. So I'm going to cut and
glue to get my "brick". Not enough time to find a piece of lime green fabric
for piece two. (could look through fabric stash more, but not with DH
asleep)

Friday - DS is home again. Through a quirk in his schedule, he has no finals
tomorrow. Finals will wrap on Monday. No serious crafting time

Weekend - DD hockey or DD hockey - might get some knitting in

That said, I did make progress on the "cotton crewel pillow, finishing one
butterfly, one cobweb and the ladybugs.

Sigh - hoping to make that ride on Tuesday now....

Cheryl

Old January 29th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/29/09 3:35 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear what a fun week you're having. Just seems like the week of
winter blah - or is that blech?

Anyhow - I've made progress on Amethyst Dreams -though I did decide to split
the silk lame down into half for a couple of sections which takes time. I'm
hoping for a more productive evening and tomorrow so I can get to the framer
by Sat!

Job hunting - just taking up time.

ellice

Old January 30th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

I have had the week from h*** at work. Which crisis should I deal
with now? And my boss has been in major toddler mode (tantrums). Add
cold yucky weather, two kids not quite sick enough to stay home but
sick enough to be annoying and I'm ready for the weekend! Wish I had
a fiber sale to look forward too . . .

Linda

Old January 30th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 30, 12:51*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 1/30/09 12:10 PM, in article
, "lewmew"

wrote:
I have had the week from h*** at work. *Which crisis should I deal
with now? *And my boss has been in major toddler mode (tantrums). *Add
cold yucky weather, two kids not quite sick enough to stay home but
sick enough to be annoying and I'm ready for the weekend! *Wish I had
a fiber sale to look forward too . . .

Linda

Oh dear - and your boss and my DH are in the same mode. Hugs to you dear. At
least you're going to get the week end off from the boss.

I'm about to get to tell DD that she's not going to hockey tonight. She is
going to be annoyed in the worst way. Dad thinks "she's sick" since she
wakes up coughing. She's getting a molar, sleeps in the coldest and driest
room in the house. It's not a surprise she coughs for a few minutes upon
waking up.

If Dad thinks she's sick, then how come Dad doesn't get to tell her
she's not going to hockey? Just sayin'.

Elizabeth
Old January 31st 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I'm about to get to tell DD that she's not going to hockey tonight. She is
going to be annoyed in the worst way. Dad thinks "she's sick" since she
wakes up coughing. She's getting a molar, sleeps in the coldest and driest
room in the house. It's not a surprise she coughs for a few minutes upon
waking up.

If Dad thinks she's sick, then how come Dad doesn't get to tell her
she's not going to hockey? Just sayin'.

Elizabeth

Because Dad is at work. Mom gets to bear all bad news to children.

Mom will get a job at this point just to make Dad do his share of the "bad
parent"

Ahem! If Mom is the "parent in residence", and, therefore, on the spot
and aware of latest developments, surely Mom should also be the one to
decide if child is sick enough to stay home or well enough to go out?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old January 31st 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/31/09 12:23 PM, in article , "Olwyn
Mary" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[...]

One would think that.

Cheryl

Old February 1st 09, 01:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 1/31/09 7:42 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 1/30/09 3:30 PM, in article
,

wrote:
[...]

LOL- from my observations of our close friends w/ 2 career families -I'd say
- don't count on that.

Ellice

Old February 1st 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:
[...]

I know, I know

OT My Week joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 36 October 17th 06 06:50 PM
FA/FS Ebay this week - FA/FS Ebay this week - Lovely crochetted tablecovers,. Beth Marketplace 0 March 13th 06 12:54 PM
Doll Redo Ray DeVous Beads 0 October 5th 04 01:41 PM
On and off this week Karen_AZ Beads 4 February 2nd 04 10:48 PM